Greeting from Saint Augustine, FL

AndyM904

Greeting from Saint Augustine, FL

#1 Post by AndyM904 »

I've been lurking and learning, currently building a curved SLA to be center channel under my tv. Just finished cutting out the baffle today and happy with the results so far.

A question for you experts.

My living room is 18x20 with an opening to a dining room on one side and open to the front door on another. Also a regular walk through to the sun room.

I currently have 2 Energy speakers front left/right with a cheap Onkyo bookshelf speaker for center. My problem is the opening around the TV is 44 inch high by 72 wide, making my front speakers too close to each other as you can see in the picture. I am limited too by the full wall of bookcases. My plan is to put the curver SLA under the tv but not sure what to do for the front speakers. I do plan on building either a Tuba 18 or table tuba too. Also I have no WAF limitations, she said do whatever I want. :D

Any ideas for front speakers is appreciated.

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

Re: Greeting from Saint Augustine, FL

#2 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

Put SLAs left and right atop the book case, toe'd in and imed down a bit. Paint them the same color as the wall if you want them to be less obvious. Maybe replace that piece of furniture below the TV with a Table Tuba Long Style. Put the electronics above the TV.

Tom Smit

#3 Post by Tom Smit »

Hi, and welcome to the forum!
AndyM904 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:42 pmAlso I have no WAF limitations, she said do whatever I want. :D

Any ideas for front speakers is appreciated.
How about this: relocate on bookshelf unit to another wall, reposition the bookshelf cabinets over to centre, and then place SLA or TLAHs on either side of the whole assembly.
TomS

Strange Kevin

#4 Post by Strange Kevin »

Here is a probably dumb idea for you... :slap:

You could add center brace to the shelves L/R of the TV cutting the shelves in half (Red in the Photo) and leaving the outer halves open for your Main Speakers.

That is, of course, assuming they would fit...

Welcome to the Forum!
Attachments
Screenshot_2019-03-31-00-08-43.jpg
Authorized Builder - Phoenix AZ.
Main Rig - 6 DR200s - 6 T48s (30")
SLA Pros for the smaller stuff.

AndyM904

#5 Post by AndyM904 »

Bill Fitzmaurice wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:51 pm Put SLAs left and right atop the book case, toe'd in and imed down a bit. Paint them the same color as the wall if you want them to be less obvious. Maybe replace that piece of furniture below the TV with a Table Tuba Long Style. Put the electronics above the TV.
Thanks Bill, I like the idea of the SLA's above, my only worry is that built in box on the wall above the left bookcase. I'll have to play with it. I do like the idea of painting them the same color as the wall.

Tom- relocating might be difficult but it would solve things.

Kevin- not sure about cutting up Ikea bookshelves but cool idea nonetheless!

BrianaMitchell

#6 Post by BrianaMitchell »

I also think that for a photo frame, the cost is excessively high. In addition, electronic media is unlikely to replace printed photographs.

Bruce Weldy

#7 Post by Bruce Weldy »

BrianaMitchell wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:47 am I also think that for a photo frame, the cost is excessively high. In addition, electronic media is unlikely to replace printed photographs.
uhhhh........what are you referencing?

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#8 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

Spammer, now history.

Seth

#9 Post by Seth »

AndyM
BrianaMitchel

Husband and wife?
Build in process - 2 WH6, one Alpha 6a loaded, one PRV Audio 6MB250-NDY loaded

Two 2x6 shorty SLA Pro's
One T39, 16", 3012LF loaded
Tall AutoTuba, 20" wide, 2x 8" MCM 55-2421
TruckTuba, 8½" wide, 2x 8" MCM 55-2421

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#10 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

BrianaMitchell is fake. When I ran the particulars past StopForumSpam.com this morning they all came up clean, so I approved it. When I checked again after seeing the post the name and email were flagged, so I banned it.