Newbie from Colorado

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

Re: Newbie from Colorado

#16 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

Svartrose wrote:it's nice if you can place your (top)speakers high enough so the sound can travel above people. That way everybody can hear it clear and the people who are near the speakers don't hurt there ears.
In a BBQ situation that's not a concern. People are milling about, and this is after all background music. My backyard is about 60x60 feet. When I want music I open the doors to my workshop and play it through the single David that resides there. It covers the yard and a lot more.
I don't have the Jack plans yet so let's say I might have theoretically gotten ahead of myself and ordered these parts, can I put them to use with a Jack 15?
You can't. The O15TB is a better choice for you anyway.

Bruce Weldy

#17 Post by Bruce Weldy »

Bill Fitzmaurice wrote:In a BBQ situation that's not a concern. People are milling about, and this is after all background music.
Exactly...

Don't know about Colorado, but here in Texas there are plenty of speaker stands at every BBQ......they are called pickup beds.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

jdmrivera

#18 Post by jdmrivera »

Bruce Weldy wrote:Exactly...

Don't know about Colorado, but here in Texas there are plenty of speaker stands at every BBQ......they are called pickup beds.
How about the back of my chuckwagon?

BTW - this photo was taken at 6:00AM, thus the "crowd" of two!

Kinda hard to see in the photo but there is some smoke coming up from the ground just to the left and behind the smoker - that's two 150lb pigs we started around 2:00AM.
IMG_20140614_060841_740.jpg
Built:
Omni Tallboy 15 w/3015LF (My BBQ music Machine!)
2 Lab 12 T39s 24" Wide
4 OT12s, 2 Melded Array, 2 Flat Array

ncgrove

#19 Post by ncgrove »

Id roll with a Jack, depending on how much you want to haul. Power it with a Lepai 2020 and a 12v SLA battery and you'll have hours of music. The J10 should be enough volume, but you can use a J15 for more volume if you need it and it can double as a table. That is if you have enough space to haul it. If you want to get the most out of the system look into a miniDSP to throw inbetween the iPad and the Lepai.

I just moved to Colorado Springs. Where do these barbeques go down?

jdmrivera

#20 Post by jdmrivera »

ncgrove wrote: I just moved to Colorado Springs. Where do these barbeques go down?
Hi Nathan - thanks for the advise on the Lepai. I've already started the Omni 15 Tallboy build and am just about done. Hopefully will fire it up this weekend!

The BBQ in this picture is at a horse ranch near Larkspur CO which is just North of the Springs. Horseback Miracles if you want to look it up. June 10th we're doing a fund raiser for 250-300 folks and we'll be cooking starting Fri night into Saturday.
Built:
Omni Tallboy 15 w/3015LF (My BBQ music Machine!)
2 Lab 12 T39s 24" Wide
4 OT12s, 2 Melded Array, 2 Flat Array