Hello from Kansas City MO

EdwardAlt

Hello from Kansas City MO

#1 Post by EdwardAlt »

I play bass in a church and also play once a year outdoors with my old band from way back, and have ordered plans and parts to build a couple Titan 39s. I'm handy with tools but haven't done too much woodwork, although I have routed bodies for pickups, etc. I know, read the plans twice (or more), measure twice (or more), cut and glue once! This will be an interesting adventure. We will be playing July 22nd, so I'm hoping to have these together sometime in April, with plenty of time to figure out how to integrate it with the current PA.
T39s in progress (well, planning anyhow)

commander_dan

Re: Hello from Kansas City MO

#2 Post by commander_dan »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Plenty of good help around at all times of the day on here so if you have a question or come unstuck (pun intended) just put it up and someone will be able to help out. Looks like you'll be all over it anyways. Build threads with photo's are a must, most enjoy watching new cabs rise from the sawdust :)

Enjoy the build!
Built:
6 T30 (24", 3012LF)
2 OT12 (MA, 3012HO)
2 T24 (18", 3010LF)

Running:
DCX2496
XTi 2002
XTi 4002
TRAKTOR Z2
TECHNICS 1210 Mk5's

Tom Smit

#3 Post by Tom Smit »

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your build!
TomS

LelandCrooks

#4 Post by LelandCrooks »

Hi Neighbor!
If it's too loud, you're even older than me! Like me.
http://www.speakerhardware.com

EdwardAlt

#5 Post by EdwardAlt »

Hi neighbor, Tom and Dan

Thanks for the welcome. I'm sure I will have some questions. I'll probably build one slowly then build the second. Will try to get pics at least on the second one.

Looking forward to the T39 kits. Now to figure out what plywood to buy ...

Thanks everyone!

Ed

Dale Hammer

#6 Post by Dale Hammer »

Hello from Topeka!

EdwardAlt

#7 Post by EdwardAlt »

Hi Dale!

Skeem

#8 Post by Skeem »

Hi Edward,

I am a fellow Titan builder and I also live in Kansas City. I have built a pair of T48's and will be starting a pair of T39's shortly.

I wanted to point out that I have purchased my 1/2" Baltic birch from metro hardwoods in independence. It's a great lumber shop. Last I checked 1/2" 5'x5' sheets are $38. They also sell 4'x8' sheets, but are not as cost effective. I think they stock radiata pine plywood as well.

Let me know if you have seen anywhere else that carries some plywood for a good price.

I live on the Kansas side BTW.

EdwardAlt

#9 Post by EdwardAlt »

Skeem wrote:Hi Edward,

I am a fellow Titan builder and I also live in Kansas City. I have built a pair of T48's and will be starting a pair of T39's shortly.

I wanted to point out that I have purchased my 1/2" Baltic birch from metro hardwoods in independence. It's a great lumber shop. Last I checked 1/2" 5'x5' sheets are $38. They also sell 4'x8' sheets, but are not as cost effective. I think they stock radiata pine plywood as well.

Let me know if you have seen anywhere else that carries some plywood for a good price.

I live on the Kansas side BTW.
Hi Skeem. I've found the following (so far) -

Metro Hardwoods
Baltic Birch
5x5 $37.99
4x8 $67.99

Menards (St Joseph, MO or Lawrence, KS)
4x8 Premium ACX (Arauco) $26.69 on sale (partly mail in rebate; normally $32.99)

That's quite the difference between Arauco and BB. I may have to take a trip and check the quality (voids, etc). Then again, I'm only building a pair (at this point), so BB is probably the way to go ...

Regards,
Ed