Greetings from Slovenia

Blockhd

Greetings from Slovenia

#1 Post by Blockhd »

Good evening,

My name is Rok, I'm 28 years old and live in Slovenia. I'm mechanical engineer and my hobby is bass guitar.
I decided to join this forum because I need a new speaker cabinet for my bass amplifier and I want to DIY it. :roll:

At the moment, my rig consists of MarkBass Little Mark III 500w@4ohms and MarkBass 210HLF speaker cab. I also own a MusicMan HD150 150w tube bass amp and purpose of making a new cab is to pair it with this amp.

I don't particularly love MB stuff, with tweeter its glassy but if I turn tweeter off, those 10s don't seem to be full range at all.

Enough for now, happy to be here and looking forward to learning a bunch of new stuff.

Ty,

Rok

Chris_Allen

Re: Greetings from Slovenia

#2 Post by Chris_Allen »

Hi Rok, welcome to the forum.

Good to see another European member 8)

I used to own the Mark Bass II which I ran through my Omni 10.5 (the forerunner to the Jack 110).

Sounds like a couple of Jack 110's with a piezo array toggle switch (which Bill should really put into the plans! :D ) is the way to go.

Two cabs give you the flexibility of output as well as ease of carrying and more pack space options.
Built:
6xDR200, 2xT39, 2xT48, 2xJack110, 1xOmni10.5, 1xAutotuba, 1xT18, 1xSLA Pro, 1xW8, 1xW10

Tom Smit

#3 Post by Tom Smit »

......either that, or a pair of Jack112's. :chainsaw:

By the way, welcome to the forum Rok!
TomS

Blockhd

#4 Post by Blockhd »

I'm looking for a more traditional sound of old bass cabinets like Fender Bassman 412, 215, Ampeg, etc. without the over emphasis on either bass or highs.