Like, I needed another project

Kbasser

Like, I needed another project

#1 Post by Kbasser »

Wow! Massive site. I can't read it all fast enough so I can get out to the shop and start a project. I've been playing musical instruments for 40 years, still working towards becoming a musician and I've been a woodworker for 30 years. The two vocations have informed each other well. I still have all ten fingers. A dubious achievement after time well wasted with a band the night before. Survival instinct maybe.
I read Mr. Fitzmaurice's posts on TB and glanced at this site but never in depth. I like his clarity, patience and straight talk approach. And his generosity in dealing with sociogically challenged kids who learned math on the street. Like me.
I bought a pair of 10-12 year old Peavey 410s, used and fully functioning. I didn't need nor do I really like 410s. But the Sheffields would maybe make a little PA or monitors. The T/S parameters are readily available and I've got the stock and skills to make some really interesting mistakes...err, discoveries I mean.
I'm looking forward to lotsa learning and I hope to post a build soon.
And I love PL. I put that *%#! on everything.

67baja

Re: Like, I needed another project

#2 Post by 67baja »

Welcome! Oh, dear, you even like PL??? I am very, very afraid this site is about to snare you in it's web. And you will like it!
2 THTs, 2 TLAH, SLA curved, 1 8-AT, 1 AT JBL 1002D, 4 Otop12s, Jack 12, TT with Eminence 10", 2 SLAs, 1 T30 slim, 2 T30s (2-10" each), SLA Pros, TrT.

Tom Smit

#3 Post by Tom Smit »

Haha, well said, 67baja!

Welcome to the forum, Kabasser!
TomS

Chris_Allen

#4 Post by Chris_Allen »

Hi, welcome to the forum.

If you are interested in reusing speakers, the odds are against you that the T/S specs and response chart will be compatible but you can always check for free!
Built:
6xDR200, 2xT39, 2xT48, 2xJack110, 1xOmni10.5, 1xAutotuba, 1xT18, 1xSLA Pro, 1xW8, 1xW10