Long time lurker

xerxies

Long time lurker

#1 Post by xerxies »

My name is Clayton. I'm a Systems Administrator for a local hospital and have always been fascinated by audio for as long as I can remember. I'm a huge classic rock fan, with some ties to old school metal (DIO anyone!?), but my music tastes spread as wide as Bob Dylan to Van Canto. I've hovered around this board for quite a long time and bought plans ever longer ago, but haven't ever gotten around to anything. Soon I'll be starting my own HT projects (some TLAH square front mains, TLAH mounted triangular rears, and a SLA CurveArray center) so I've been soaking up the knowledge around here. Just wanted to introduce myself and get to know people (in a non-stalker way...)

Also thought I'd start off with a nifty post:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhYFgDCsYMg

67baja

Re: Long time lurker

#2 Post by 67baja »

Welcome from Las Vegas, xerxies. Ol' Ronnie James was a great one! You are in a great place with great people to help provide support. Good luck with your build.
2 THTs, 2 TLAH, SLA curved, 1 8-AT, 1 AT JBL 1002D, 4 Otop12s, Jack 12, TT with Eminence 10", 2 SLAs, 1 T30 slim, 2 T30s (2-10" each), SLA Pros, TrT.

Tom Smit

#3 Post by Tom Smit »

Welcome to the forum, Clayton!
TomS

DJPhatman

#4 Post by DJPhatman »

Tom Smit wrote:Welcome to the forum, Clayton!
+1 from me, too. I've never been a fan of RJD. But that type of heavy metal thunder can be easily achieved!

As far as TLAH rears or surrounds, don't bother. Use 2 of the same drivers that you use in your TLAH left and right, and put them in a small, sealed box. Contrary to popular belief, there is not a lot of content in surrounds. There is some, but not a lot.
I know money often seals the deal, but seriously, quality is an investment, not an expense... Grant Bunter
Accept the fact that airtight and well-braced are more important than pretty on the inside. Bill Fitzmaurice