Howdy from Ky.

grhodus

Howdy from Ky.

#1 Post by grhodus »

Im a bass player looking to build my first cab. I have fairly good woodworking skills and plenty of tools already. I do have a question of you guys....
which cab would be best for a bass guitar cab? if i don't build a cab myself I am looking at getting a lightweight 2x12. i also would need it to be a 4ohm cab that would handle 600watts.
thanks for any info and tips you give me along the way.

Tom Smit

Re: Howdy from Ky.

#2 Post by Tom Smit »

Howdy, and welcome to the forum!

Bill, himself, uses a Jack 1x12. DJPhatman has two of them. Both say that it is way plenty. I'll add that these cabs add a whole bunch of clarity; bass notes don't have that woofy sound. :clap:
TomS

DJPhatman

Re: Howdy from Ky.

#3 Post by DJPhatman »

Tom Smit wrote:Howdy, and welcome to the forum!

Bill, himself, uses a Jack 1x12 Light. DJPhatman has two of them. Both say that it is way plenty. I'll add that these cabs add a whole bunch of clarity; bass notes don't have that woofy sound. :clap:
Fixed that for ya, Tom!

I have Bill's 1/2" Baltic birch Jack 12, loaded with a Deltalite II 2512 neo driver. I am installing a full melded array into the cab, with an All On/off/Half on switch. I also have a composite built J112 that has a full array, all/off/half switch and the Deltalite II 2512. One alone is pretty massive. Both together is just pure bass evilness. Beyond stoopid loud, clear, articulate. Your technique better be pretty damn good, because these cabs will snitch you out if you have poor finger technique or make a lot of fret noise.
I know money often seals the deal, but seriously, quality is an investment, not an expense... Grant Bunter
Accept the fact that airtight and well-braced are more important than pretty on the inside. Bill Fitzmaurice