Hello from Southwest United Kingdom

MissileCrisis

Re: Hello from Southwest United Kingdom

#16 Post by MissileCrisis »

I just picked songs that would be fun to record and would sound good if not amazing on T48's, whether or not the youtube video sounds clean/decent is irrelevant. People tend to watch the youtube videos for damage/room resonance more than audio quality as it is a given that there are limitations in the recording process... BTW I usually listen through (my idea of quality) studio monitors so at least one link in the chain is up to snuff.
Built
2 x TLAH
1 Titan 39 (lab 12, 15 inch)
1 Tuba 60 (lab 12, 20 inch)
SLA Center
2 x Mini MLTP subwoofers
1 x 212 TH (custom)
2 x Mini-Karlsonators
Owned, but not built
2 x Jack 12 (2512, melded)

MissileCrisis

#17 Post by MissileCrisis »

88h88 wrote:
MissileCrisis wrote:I also think this would be epic:
Feel It (Feat. Tiesto, Sean Kingston & Flo Rida) [Tiesto's Feel It On The Floor Remix] (note this is instrumental and has a better bass-line than the hip hop song)
What an amazing clusterfuck of awfulness that line up is, Jesus... :shock:
You have to realize that as a club DJ you need to incorporate mainstream if you want to energize the audience...

The songs I posted are just a couple songs that I like, no need to trash talk musical taste.
Built
2 x TLAH
1 Titan 39 (lab 12, 15 inch)
1 Tuba 60 (lab 12, 20 inch)
SLA Center
2 x Mini MLTP subwoofers
1 x 212 TH (custom)
2 x Mini-Karlsonators
Owned, but not built
2 x Jack 12 (2512, melded)

88h88

#18 Post by 88h88 »

MissileCrisis wrote:You have to realize that as a club DJ you need to incorporate mainstream if you want to energize the audience...
Check out some Boiler Room videos and tell me if those are mainstream... There's a definite vibe and it's about a million miles from mainstream and this is what's hot right now, the private cosy little gigs where people go to hear different shit, not the crap they play in clubs every other night of the week.

I mean there's definitely a market for mainstream but that's not the area I want to associate with because feeling the need to wear neon bracelets and take copious amounts of drugs to enjoy music just isn't what I'm down with.
4xOT12s, 2xT39s@22", TTLS@18", 2xT60@18"

BassheadUK

#19 Post by BassheadUK »

I want to see a pint glass fall off a bar with "System F - Out Of The Blue (Violin edit)"

I know i'm not hearing the real speakers but i just want to see things rattle !

I cant wait to start building, two bedrooms left to paint and skirting boards all around then im done !
I plan to build a couple of DR250's & Autotuba.
WARNING - LAB12 T39's are EXCELLENT

BassheadUK

#20 Post by BassheadUK »

Im getting closer and closer... The house is 99% finished. I have some gloss paint to put on skirting boards, and stair handrails, I need to strip, sand repaint and refit 4 doors, then its over to the carpet fitters to kit out the hallway, landing, stairs, nursery, and back bedroom with new carpets. Once thats done its over to the wife to have the baby, then its up to the garage to start making dust.....!

I originally planned building some OT12's, but think i might be going to start with Tuba 30's with LAB12 drivers. The reason for this, a DJ pal of mine has some cheap JBL EON copy tops, that he says sound great but just need a good sub reinforcement for now.

I plan on 2x Tuba 30's - mainly for recorded disco work (60's 70's 80's 90's 00's) also trance nights, but my friend has been asked about setting up his gear for various hours relating to house, hardcore, hard trance sets etc.

I also plan on an Auto Tuba, with modifications to the case to house some 6x9 automotive speakers, power supply, amp, and car stereo to make a powerful portable pa system.... but the big toys first.

My collection of tools has come on a long way since starting the house renovations....! Hopefully more than enough to build what I need :)

DJPhatman

#21 Post by DJPhatman »

BassheadUK wrote:I also plan on an Auto Tuba, with modifications to the case to house some 6x9 automotive speakers, power supply, amp, and car stereo to make a powerful portable pa system.... but the big toys first.
I might be able to change your mind about this. See my posts in this thread.
I know money often seals the deal, but seriously, quality is an investment, not an expense... Grant Bunter
Accept the fact that airtight and well-braced are more important than pretty on the inside. Bill Fitzmaurice

BassheadUK

#22 Post by BassheadUK »

Bummer !

Yeah another one that forgot about the speaker being designed for the space !

Scratch that one then :) thanks for saving me disappointment !

Tom Smit

#23 Post by Tom Smit »

Hey, you could still build the AT. Build another box for all the other stuff. :)
TomS

escapemcp

#24 Post by escapemcp »

Where are you bruv? I have just built some ot12s and t30s and I'm in Trowbridge. May be doing a free party in Bristol next week too. If you are close, then you may want to come over for a listen, chat and a cup of tea :)

Titanium Hand

#25 Post by Titanium Hand »

Bills cabs definitely rip shit up :chainsaw: :twisted: . When playing around 8 volts downstairs under my house, the ENTIRE building shakes and vibrates. Next opportunity I have I will make a video of 'Life Inside - above a T60'
Built 2 x T39 Lab 12 loaded 457mm wide, 29inch Wide Dual Lab 12 Loaded T60 and 2 x OTop 112 2512 Melded. Powered by N.I.TRAKTOR Pro 2.6 (2.6.1 has too many issues) TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 Crown XTi2000

BassheadUK

#26 Post by BassheadUK »

Well hello everyone.

I became a father last night to a little boy, so now i feel as if its my duty to start reading the plans to him at bedtime, and get him a power tool for his first birthday...

Bas Gooiker

#27 Post by Bas Gooiker »

BassheadUK wrote:Well hello everyone.

I became a father last night to a little boy, so now i feel as if its my duty to start reading the plans to him at bedtime, and get him a power tool for his first birthday...
Congratulations with the birth of your son!
Life is just a game, don't take it to seriously!

Chris_Allen

#28 Post by Chris_Allen »

Bas Gooiker wrote: Congratulations with the birth of your son!
+1
Built:
6xDR200, 2xT39, 2xT48, 2xJack110, 1xOmni10.5, 1xAutotuba, 1xT18, 1xSLA Pro, 1xW8, 1xW10

Charles Jenkinson

#29 Post by Charles Jenkinson »

Congratulations to you, the missus and the little nipper! It definitely warrants a photo here or in Everything else.
2xJ12L (3012HO) switchable/melded
2xT30

Words&graphics - Audio&Acoustics - Hardware&DSP; 3 different paradigms.

Michael Ewald Hansen

#30 Post by Michael Ewald Hansen »

BassheadUK wrote:I want to see a pint glass fall off a bar with "System F - Out Of The Blue (Violin edit)"

I know i'm not hearing the real speakers but i just want to see things rattle !

I cant wait to start building, two bedrooms left to paint and skirting boards all around then im done !
You mean something like this?

Authorized Builder - Denmark
Check out the BFM Facebook page