Hello fellow audiophools!

fan4fan1

Hello fellow audiophools!

#1 Post by fan4fan1 »

My name is John and I live in Tennessee. Just joined the forum, fascinating reading! I have an almost completed HT consisting of a 65" Panasonic plasma with Klipschorns, Cornwalls and a single Belle for sound. Thinking about changing out my pair of powered Yamaha subs for a single Tuba or something along those lines. I can't help but think a horn-loaded sub would be a great match for the Heritage line of speakers I'm using.

Room is 16 x 12' and any advice would be very appreciated. I have a "feeler" out to Rick Lee in Lewisburg as I am not competent on the building side. Hope he can set me up.

Just damn glad to be here!

Grant Bunter

Re: Hello fellow audiophools!

#2 Post by Grant Bunter »

Hi John and welcome to the forum :)

Depends a bit on space, but you won't go wrong with the table tuba or even the long style TT under that plasma, or standing upright in a corner.
One should do the trick for you room size. Sometimes 2 are required to sort out room nodes/modes.

I'm sure Rick will sort you out.

Enjoy your stay...
Built:
DR 250: x 2 melded array, 2x CD horn, March 2012 plans.
T39's: 4 x 20" KL3010LF , 2 x 28" 3012LF.
WH8: x 6 with melded array wired series/parallel.
Bunter's Audio and Lighting "like"s would be most appreciated...

Ryan A

#3 Post by Ryan A »

Welcome, glad you came. Sounds like a THT in your future? Keep us updated.

bassmonster

#4 Post by bassmonster »

Last edited by bassmonster on Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fan4fan1

#5 Post by fan4fan1 »

Thank you all for your welcomes and well wishes! To answer the last question, I am in South Pittsburg. A small town on the Alabama border just west of Chattanooga. SP is famous for frying pans if you can believe that. The Lodge factory has been here for over a hundred years.

I have hooked up with Rick Lee in Tullahoma and we're already talking about a sub for me. I am leaning toward something in the TT and THT range, would prefer something flat on the floor as opposed to a tall column. Room is kinda small with all those big speakers in there now. But I got a big hole in the front center where my Yamaha's sit currently that I think will do nicely.