Greetings, I’ve been out loop for about 25 or so years.

Bob Parker

Greetings, I’ve been out loop for about 25 or so years.

#1 Post by Bob Parker »

Hello Gentlemen,

At one time I was a home and auto electronics enthusiast that knew just enough to be very dangerous when I was younger, and now that I’m not young any more, I know just enough to know when to stop, and ask a lot of questions. I’ve been out loop on home and auto electronics for about 25 or so years now. Boy have things changed.

About a year ago I started looking into and for, a deeper sounding and more impact fulfilling subwoofer set-up for my daily work driver. I was very interested replicating a horn type subwoofer that are used in concert/club concert settings. Mass marketed big box store subs just didn’t do it for me, and neither did the prices.

What I wanted was a Danley type sub sound, in my car. It wasn’t until I literally stumbled across one of, Bill Fitzmaurice, subwoofers, while I was Google searching tapped horn subwoofer photos.

After lurking here for some time, reviewing, re-reading, re-reviewing and asking every question I could to a friend of mine that is a concert sound engineer/system designer, I made the jump and ordered the AutoTuba plans. I received them on 11/09/12.

Well, I’m here now …… with many more questions to ask.

Best Regards,

Bob

Charles Warwick

Re: Greetings, I’ve been out loop for about 25 or so years.

#2 Post by Charles Warwick »

Welcome to the forums! Bets are you'll get most of your questions answered, which is why this place is great. Enjoy the bass! :loler:

Gregory East

#3 Post by Gregory East »

I'm all thumbs with woodwork, my BAT isn't pretty but it makes oodles of clean bass. For an older sensible type an 8" AT should do the trick. I can't put more than about 100w through mine for very long or it's tiring.
BAT10, Bad Auto Tuba. Reverse folded TAT to fit JBL 1014D, 350W driver, voltage limit unknown.

Tom Smit

#4 Post by Tom Smit »

Welcome to the forum!
TomS