It's an invasion! Another Dutch bloke has joined the ranks

Martijn

Re: It's an invasion! Another Dutch bloke has joined the ran

#16 Post by Martijn »

@Antonz: I'm at work tomorrow so i will "een balletje opgooien" (bringing up the subject in Dutch. translates to "throw up a ball").

@Patrick: I would love to here the Autotuba sometime! I dont know if you have any previous experience with the extremer
side of car-audio. Seeing that you are an authorized builder you probably know your way around things.
But when a lot of soundpressure is put on the car from the inside you need to take a few things in consideration:
1. Damping. And not just the sheetmetal in the trunk but especially the doors, roof and so on. Al surfaces that can vibrate, WILL vibrate
2. Foam-surrounds or wheaterstrips on the places where hard surfaces make contact. Doorpanels to doors, parcelshelf.
3. Create some sort of molding for any tools that are laying around (spare-tire space?) I did this buy putting a garbagebag in the spare-tire and then filling it with PUR. After you let the air out you can press the loose tools in it. It will grow when curing so beware of that. it does need some air while curing so don't leave the bag closed. after curing you can easily sand away the excess foam, lay some fiberglass and resin on the top surface, sand and paint and then maybe even install some straps, and your done.
I have done my share of SPL competitions and i know that anything above 132dB will shake a car apart in the long run.
My best install (in terms of sheer spl, nothing else) has won 2 trophy's 1x1st and 1x2nd place in the then called Unlimited
class. I scored 146 dB @ 54Hz. Setup consisted of 4 SPL Dynamics EXT-2000d Amps connected to 2 Atomic APX 12" DVC 1Ohm Woofers. Power came from 6 Hawker SBS60 batteries through 2x 50 mm2 powercables per amp.
Configuration was a half-wall. In a suzuki swift (geo metro i believe in the us).
That install did nowhere near 146 at normal music frequencies.

Those days are long gone, but i still love BASS. Ranging from House, Nederhop(Dutch Hiphop) to anything with a guitar to classical music and anything in between. Lets say 60 to 200 Bpm :loler:

On the other question: Yes i am into VW's. But i'm not one of those people who talk shit about other brands or dont wanna come near them. I just love everything that has an engine and i can find parts for just about anything!

Martijn

#17 Post by Martijn »

I read in you sig that you have a 10 Inch Autotuba? Jbl gto1004d?

How does that work out? Will it fitt? What amp do you use?

Gr

Patrick Mos

#18 Post by Patrick Mos »

Hey Martijn....

I send you a pm.

About the JBL: its a gto 1002d, not a 1004. the AT is 17 inches wide. the damn thing nearly fits the bootspace...got an cheap sony explod amp, 200 watts max. I didnt measure it yet, but I think i am in the mid 120's db wise.

I'm not really into the extremer side of caraudio, this is the sickest i've done, db wise. Did some little installs for friends, nothing special. My "specialty" is PA systems.... I just started my bussiness building them, but i alway have build my own for my Drive-In show.

And i know i have to damp my car...Found out the hard way yesterday: Almost lost my numberplate....And a friend was was yelling down from his appartement on the fourth floor that something was rattling in my door. Naturally I didnt hear that, I was listening to some nice dubstep...... :)
Authorized Builder

my BFM gear:
2 T39, 27 inch, deltalf loaded ( R.I.P )
2 T39, 27 inch, 3012lf loaded.
2 DR200 beta and asd1001 loaded.
1 Autotuba jbl gto 1002d loaded.
2 Funky looking SLA's....
1 TTLP (acting as a scratching pole for my cats...)

Patrick Mos

#19 Post by Patrick Mos »

If you want a nice project....I got a polo gti, a MG Midget, and an old vw beetle...take your pick. ;-)
Authorized Builder

my BFM gear:

AntonZ

#20 Post by AntonZ »

Patrick Mos wrote:If you want a nice project....I got a polo gti, a MG Midget, and an old vw beetle...take your pick. ;-)
Curious to see how much of your PA gear you could haul in any of those :loler:

Patrick Mos

#21 Post by Patrick Mos »

In the Polo gti: 2 little subs, 2 SLApro's, 2 amps, 2 pioneer cdj-400, a laptop, some cables, my girlfriend and me.... ;-)

in the beetle and in the MG.....None. Hell, I'm 183 cm tall, and weigh 110 kg... ( I'm not fat, i'm poofy! ) Getting into the MG is a struggle... and if i am in the car, nothing else fits. Maybe thats why they call it a MG Midget...hmmmm....
Authorized Builder

my BFM gear: