Hello

Robertbaelde

Hello

#1 Post by Robertbaelde »

Hello everyone!

I'm Robert Baelde, an 19 years old DJ from the Netherlands. Since the age of 15 I started DJ'ing. For almost 2 years now I play at various events. From large dance events to small party cafés. My DJ setup consist of 1 DJM 800, 1 CDJ 1000 MK1 and 2 Reloops RMP 1 CD players. If you like house music, you can listen to a set of me here: http://www.mixcloud.com/robert-baelde/r ... test-2012/

A few years ago I was searching for some good speakers to take to events, and to use for one events. Unfortunately at that time my budget was extremely limited. After searching for own made speakers I came at this forum. Impressed with the nice designs and builds of some people here I new for sure that one day i would make such nice speakers myself.

Because of school, DJ'ing a lot and sports a lot there was no time to start the build. So I let the idea of a home build Pa system go.

As I'm in my last year of secondary school now I'v got the idea of building me a PA system after the final exams. After reading some threads I planned to start with building two DR 250's. This because they can be used as tops and as 'alround' speakers (correct me if i'm wrong). When that build is done and i'v got time and money left i would like to build some titans for subs.
I think I will be opening a topic with all the questions I've got soon.

So that's it for now!

Excuse me for my English, because I guess its not that good.
Last edited by Robertbaelde on Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bruce Weldy

Re: Hello

#2 Post by Bruce Weldy »

Welcome aboard....

As far as your English - no problem.....everybody here translates the best we can. But, this is funny....
Robertbaelde wrote: After reading some threats I planned to start with building two DR 250's.
We don't usually start to threaten you until we know you better. :)

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

Robertbaelde

#3 Post by Robertbaelde »

Bruce Weldy wrote:Welcome aboard....

As far as your English - no problem.....everybody here translates the best we can. But, this is funny....
Robertbaelde wrote: After reading some threats I planned to start with building two DR 250's.
We don't usually start to threaten you until we know you better. :)
Haha, lol your right. It has to be Threads of course.

Tom Smit

#4 Post by Tom Smit »

Hi Robert, and welcome to the forum! I have a tante (aunt), here in Ontario, whose maiden same is the same as yours.

The DR250 is a good choice and can be built with ports to help strengthen the bass. When you get the subs built, those ports can then be plugged. When building, read the plans often so that you can build them in your sleep.
TomS