New to this but excited..in need of low hard-hitting bass

abelyubacity1

New to this but excited..in need of low hard-hitting bass

#1 Post by abelyubacity1 »

Hello my name is Abel & I'm new to this but very excited.. hope everything turns out good in my builds. I'm going to build two tuba 30's 30inches wide & hopefully 4 later.. I'm a mobile dj & have been looking for some good subs that will go low & loud. These seem like (from all the info) the ones I've been looking for..anyone who has made a pair or two, it would be great to hear from you if you can give me your input on how they sound. I'm usually doing gigs in big halls & high school gyms with tall ceilings & lots of square feet..I have a trailor, so having a lot or big wide ones wouldn't be too much of a problem..most of the music that I play is top40, dubstep, rap, techno, and mexican music. :feedback:

bassmonster

Re: New to this but excited..in need of low hard-hitting bas

#2 Post by bassmonster »

Welcome to the forum! Plenty of bassheads here as well, me included.

abelyubacity1

#3 Post by abelyubacity1 »

Thanks.. glad to have joined, can't wait to get started on the builds and hopfully feel the earth shake a little...

bassmonster

#4 Post by bassmonster »

abelyubacity1 wrote:hopfully feel the earth shake a little...
These designs can do that, that's for sure.

abelyubacity1

#5 Post by abelyubacity1 »

Thanks for the fast input and great news..that is the stuff I want to hear, it will make me start cutting all the wood faster..LOL

bassmonster

#6 Post by bassmonster »

abelyubacity1 wrote:Thanks for the fast input and great news..that is the stuff I want to hear, it will make me start cutting all the wood faster..LOL
:hyper: Well...be careful! The table saw especially is a dangerous thing, as every builder on this forum knows. Measure twice cut once, you only get once chance to do it right the first time, sealed and well braced is more important than pretty on the inside, and all the other cab building cliches still apply.

abelyubacity1

#7 Post by abelyubacity1 »

Thanks for the heads up & yeah you are right, the more I read the more I hear to take time to get it right on the first time. And yes wouldn't want to see what a saw can do to a hand just for trying to speed things up...then, I wouldn't be able to finish the tuba 30's..

Tom Smit

#8 Post by Tom Smit »

Welcome to the forum!

I have heard the four-pack that Sonicanvil has, both indooors and outdoors.....and it's good. Doncolga is adding to his current pair http://billfitzmaurice.info/forum/viewt ... 30&t=16470 and he likes his pair.
TomS

LelandCrooks

#9 Post by LelandCrooks »

bassmonster wrote: :hyper: Well...be careful! The table saw especially is a dangerous thing, as every builder on this forum knows. Measure twice cut once, you only get once chance to do it right the first time, sealed and well braced is more important than pretty on the inside, and all the other cab building cliches still apply.

Toot one of my products here. Because I know it's value. Especially for braces.

http://www.speakerhardware.com/micro_ji ... GR200b.php

If it's too loud, you're even older than me! Like me.
http://www.speakerhardware.com

Jon Barnhardt

#10 Post by Jon Barnhardt »

LelandCrooks wrote:
bassmonster wrote: :hyper: Well...be careful! The table saw especially is a dangerous thing, as every builder on this forum knows. Measure twice cut once, you only get once chance to do it right the first time, sealed and well braced is more important than pretty on the inside, and all the other cab building cliches still apply.

Toot one of my products here. Because I know it's value. Especially for braces.

http://www.speakerhardware.com/micro_ji ... GR200b.php

That would have made a mighty fine Xmas present for all of us authorized builders :mrgreen: :loler: