Introduce Yourself.......And Your Projects!

Ron P

#61 Post by Ron P »

I posted a review in the Reviews section, although looking at it again, I could have been more detailed. I think I was all typed-out after writing this post first. But since you ask, I'll add that my Yorkville subs suffer from the same problems as any other dual 18 reflex box - distortion, lots of thump up close but gets lost further out, frequency cancellation, hot spots, etc.. To be honest, I think we have always had a problem with not enough kick drum. These problems are practically non-existant with the T48s and proper placement. The Titans have so much authority IMO.
I loved the sound of the L704 tops, but they are big and heavy and getting them into the air required putting them on the subs on either side of the stage and we all know the problems there. The DRs are every bit as good - clean, clear, and of course more efficient which means loud or louder with less power. Let's not forget, they're alot lighter too.
I've only done one brief a/b with one Yorkie top and one DR250. Honestly, the Yorkie was fuller sounding. But then the Yorkie has 2x12", 2x6" and the compression driver. I suspect that 2 DR250s would sound every bit as full and still come in lighter weight.
No doubt about it, I'm a BFM believer!

Ron P

#62 Post by Ron P »

Mikey - that's a great idea, never thought of that. I'll give that a try. Thanks man!

djwoo

#63 Post by djwoo »

Hi to everybody, I Am Guillermo from Mexico, I Am 43 years old, and my son is a mobile dj, some times i help him to move the equipment and i am tired to move two Cerwin Vega intense 2x15 and an earthquake, those are really monsters!! So i decide to make a ligther, pro equipment and my brother find this GREAT designs. I already made an o top 12 and i am planning a tuba.
¿TEQUILA?...

David Carter

#64 Post by David Carter »

djwoo wrote:Hi to everybody, I Am Guillermo from Mexico, I Am 43 years old, and my son is a mobile dj, some times i help him to move the equipment and i am tired to move two Cerwin Vega intense 2x15 and an earthquake, those are really monsters!! So i decide to make a ligther, pro equipment and my brother find this GREAT designs. I already made an o top 12 and i am planning a tuba.
¡Bienvenido a la familia Guillermo! Aquí estamos a las órdenes. :)
Dave

Built:
- Omni 10 (S2010 + piezo array)
- 2 x DR250 (DL II 2510 + melded array)
- 2 x Titan 39 (BP102 - 14"W)
- 2 x Titan 39 (3012LF - 20"W)
- 4 x DR200 (Delta Pro 8B + melded array)

djwoo

#65 Post by djwoo »

¡¡GRACIAS!!
¿TEQUILA?...