Hello from Hamilton, NZ

JonoSkip

Hello from Hamilton, NZ

#1 Post by JonoSkip »

Hi All
I'm a bass player and I've been a long time reader of this forum and owner of Jack 10 and 12 plans for probably over a year. Unfortunately I didn't have time or a decent workspace in which to build anything, at the time having a job that took me all around the country, then having a second child (I now have 2 girls aged 2yrs and 9mths respectively) and a garage that had no electricity and a stud height shorter than I am :wall:

I needed a lifestyle change so we sold my half of the business and the house, moved from Auckland to Hamilton, got a job with respectable hours and bought a house with a decent garage (in which I still had to get extra power points installed to make useful) 8)

I still needed some convincing that building some Jacks was a good idea, especially after a PM to Harley revealed he had two J112s for sale at a great price which he kindly let me play with when I was in Auckland late last year (Thanks again for your time and advice Harley, greatly appreciated). With a lot of encouragement from some guys I work with I decided to bite the bullet and build two J112 myself.

So two weeks before Xmas I'm ordering speakers from Leland (Thanks again for your help) and using Shipito to get them here via DHL (I'll post about that in the appropriate place). I had done a lot of research on these forums so had pretty much sussed out all the materials and tools I needed. I then ordered the plywood (Italian Poplar) from a place in Auckland and got that delivered to my work.

So my intention is to start a build thread showing how it is being done. I've already started the build and almost have all the parts for the first one cut out and have the throat assembly glued up, ready for the driver spacer, phase plug, braces and attaching to the bottom panel. See y'all in the forums. :hyper:

Edit: Added a big thanks to Harley which should have been there from the beginning :oops:
Built: 2x Jack 112.
Bass: Cort Action A.
Amp: GenzBenz Streamliner 600.

bassmonster

Re: Hello from Hamilton, NZ

#2 Post by bassmonster »

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your build!

Gregory East

#3 Post by Gregory East »

G'day.
BAT10, Bad Auto Tuba. Reverse folded TAT to fit JBL 1014D, 350W driver, voltage limit unknown.

Tom Smit

#4 Post by Tom Smit »

Welcome!

As you already know, ask the questions and you'll get the help.
TomS