THT-LP with TLAH and SLA

whipdancer

THT-LP with TLAH and SLA

#1 Post by whipdancer »

Howdy all!

Since I've actually started down this road, I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Trent, from the great state of Texas. I love my music and have been interested/involved/watching/reading about hifi (home and auto) for a while. In high school and college I worked as an installer for a couple of local auto sound shops and learned a good bit. Now, many, many years later I'm in a position to pursue my sound hobby again - and learning all over again.

My project is simple. I finally have a space for a dedicated media room. I want the best sound I can afford. :D

I had originally been looking for a sub to add to my Axiom Audio speakers (I like these speaker very much). But after ALOT of reading, I'm ready to take on a bit more ambitious of a project - a full 7.2 setup. My intent is TLAH (12/9 configuration) as L & R mains, SLA curved for center (9/9), SLA (6/6) for SR, SL, RR, RL. A pair of THT-LP subs (using MFW-15's) will round out the low end.

For now, I'm concentrating on a single sub, and the TLAH mains, and the SLA center.

I've been asking questions and getting good direction on this endeavor. I do appreciate the help.

~Whip