Space restricted mobile DJ

vtso4

Re: Space restricted mobile DJ

#16 Post by vtso4 »

netwerks wrote: Two tuba @ 24" wide stacked would equal 48t x 24w x 24d (Compare this to a T30 and you're even bigger) whereas a single T39 @ 24" would only be 39t x 24w x 19d. (you could build the T39 even slimmer if you need to, 20" may be better for you).

Go to your local appliance store, get some refigerator boxes and build a mockup to see for yourself what you can work out in your ride :)

Also on the OT112 I don't think out of the gate you'll need anything more than this. They'll blow away your mackies and when you add the sub you're going to see a hella difference compared to what you have now as you wont need to push your tops anywhere near what you have to now to get the bottom end and output you need. I'ts the improvement in low end volume you're looking for.

Building the OT212 will get you a little more sensitivity and make your sound flatter without so much eq but I think you are going the right path to add another pair later.

Not to mention if you decide to build a second system another pair of subs you got two systems or you can put it all together to make one large system.

Modular, light and easy to move/pack is key. Keep it simple and flexible I say.
Can't agree with you more. I'll try the cardboard box setup and see how everything fits/looks. When I thought of building the otop212s I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't overdrive my setup. I've done an outdoor gig with the mackie's 1/3 of the way turned up and even I was surprised of how loud they got. I'd be surprised if the Otop112s sound louder and better. I wish I had a couple to compare. I'm definitely making 2 otop 112s to start and later making 2 more and having 4 separate otop112s would be more practical and give me options for different sized gigs.

If the 2x Titan 39s slims (16" or 20" depending) fit after I do a mock setup, I'll build them but I have a question about the driver. I first thought about the DeltaliteII 2512's because of their SPL chart and comparing them to the Kappalite-3012lf everyone is recommending, I have to ask why the 3012lf is better than the 2512 if the decibels in the 2512 are higher over the 20-5k hz range?
Attachments
Kappalite 3012 SPL chart
Kappalite 3012 SPL chart
Deltalite 2512 SPL chart
Deltalite 2512 SPL chart

netwerks

#17 Post by netwerks »

vtso4 wrote:
netwerks wrote: Two tuba @ 24" wide stacked would equal 48t x 24w x 24d (Compare this to a T30 and you're even bigger) whereas a single T39 @ 24" would only be 39t x 24w x 19d. (you could build the T39 even slimmer if you need to, 20" may be better for you).

Go to your local appliance store, get some refigerator boxes and build a mockup to see for yourself what you can work out in your ride :)

Also on the OT112 I don't think out of the gate you'll need anything more than this. They'll blow away your mackies and when you add the sub you're going to see a hella difference compared to what you have now as you wont need to push your tops anywhere near what you have to now to get the bottom end and output you need. I'ts the improvement in low end volume you're looking for.

Building the OT212 will get you a little more sensitivity and make your sound flatter without so much eq but I think you are going the right path to add another pair later.

Not to mention if you decide to build a second system another pair of subs you got two systems or you can put it all together to make one large system.

Modular, light and easy to move/pack is key. Keep it simple and flexible I say.
Can't agree with you more. I'll try the cardboard box setup and see how everything fits/looks. When I thought of building the otop212s I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't overdrive my setup. I've done an outdoor gig with the mackie's 1/3 of the way turned up and even I was surprised of how loud they got. I'd be surprised if the Otop112s sound louder and better. I wish I had a couple to compare. I'm definitely making 2 otop 112s to start and later making 2 more and having 4 separate otop112s would be more practical and give me options for different sized gigs.

If the 2x Titan 39s slims (16" or 20" depending) fit after I do a mock setup, I'll build them but I have a question about the driver. I first thought about the DeltaliteII 2512's because of their SPL chart and comparing them to the Kappalite-3012lf everyone is recommending, I have to ask why the 3012lf is better than the 2512 if the decibels in the 2512 are higher over the 20-5k hz range?
The Deltalite II 2512 is not in the plans as a recommended driver for Titan 39.

It is however recommended for the OT12. I opted to use the kappalite 3012HO in the OT12 as an "insurance policy" to have a little extra gas. ;)

vtso4

#18 Post by vtso4 »

ahh. Ok. For some reason I just figured tops and bass cabs could have identical drivers. I'll stick with the recommendations and make sure to order the plans.
Thanks to Sydney and netwerks for clearing it up.

netwerks

#19 Post by netwerks »

vtso4 wrote:
netwerks wrote: I'd be surprised if the Otop112s sound louder and better. I wish I had a couple to compare. I'm definitely making 2 otop 112s to start and later making 2 more and having 4 separate otop112s would be more practical and give me options for different sized gigs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crrhdVX56m4

5v is @ 6 watts. :)

vtso4

#20 Post by vtso4 »

thats insane. I think those other pro audio guys should reconsider what they call "Super efficient". Saw Bzb's other vid of his rig being 200 ft away, showed that to my cousin and we couldn't believe how clear it sounded even through the video.

vtso4

#21 Post by vtso4 »

netwerks wrote: Go to your local appliance store, get some refigerator boxes and build a mockup to see for yourself what you can work out in your ride :)
Just did a mockup of a Titan 39 20" wide x 20" deep and could barely fit one in my back seat. The trunk is not big enough for the second T39. I'm not sure where to go from here. I mean I could make two trips if the event is big enough, but right now I can't justify/afford a truck or van for what I'm doing with DJing as I do it for fun rather than money.

netwerks

#22 Post by netwerks »

vtso4 wrote:
netwerks wrote: Go to your local appliance store, get some refigerator boxes and build a mockup to see for yourself what you can work out in your ride :)
Just did a mockup of a Titan 39 20" wide x 20" deep and could barely fit one in my back seat. The trunk is not big enough for the second T39. I'm not sure where to go from here. I mean I could make two trips if the event is big enough, but right now I can't justify/afford a truck or van for what I'm doing with DJing as I do it for fun rather than money.

You can go all the way down to 16" wide so it would be 16"wx19"d on a T39 3012LF. You will loose some sensitivity but if that's all the space you have it is what it is. ;)

DJPhatman

#23 Post by DJPhatman »

If your Sentra is a 4 door, you should be able to put the back seat down and slide the Titans in from the trunk.
I know money often seals the deal, but seriously, quality is an investment, not an expense... Grant Bunter
Accept the fact that airtight and well-braced are more important than pretty on the inside. Bill Fitzmaurice

vtso4

#24 Post by vtso4 »

DJPhatman wrote:If your Sentra is a 4 door, you should be able to put the back seat down and slide the Titans in from the trunk.
Its a special edition model with a 10" sub installed in the trunk blocking me putting both Titans through the trunk and into the passenger cabin. Only one half of the back seat folds down which makes it not so much of a special edition. :chainsaw:

sine143

#25 Post by sine143 »

the 16 inch t39 slims wont fit in your back seat? Stacked they are 32 inches tall... which seems short enough to fit comfortably. then the otops could go in the trunk/passenger seat.
Built:
2x Tuba 30s delta12lf loaded (gone)
4x Otop12 d2512 loaded
8x t48s (18, 18, 24, 24, 30, 30) 3015lf loaded
2x AT (1 mcm, 1 gto 804)
2x SLA Pro (dayton pa6, 6 goldwood piezo loaded)
1x bastard XF208

2x OT212 (delta pro 450a loaded, eminence psd)

DJPhatman

#26 Post by DJPhatman »

vtso4 wrote:
DJPhatman wrote:If your Sentra is a 4 door, you should be able to put the back seat down and slide the Titans in from the trunk.
Its a special edition model with a 10" sub installed in the trunk blocking me putting both Titans through the trunk and into the passenger cabin. Only one half of the back seat folds down which makes it not so much of a special edition. :chainsaw:
Quite honestly, vtso4, you need to re-think your transportation needs. If you are going to DJ, for fun or for money, you will need transportation large enough to move your equipment. While a full-sized van or a trailer may be over-kill, a mini-van or a station wagon is in your near future.

Small. Loud. Low. You get two of the three.
I know money often seals the deal, but seriously, quality is an investment, not an expense... Grant Bunter
Accept the fact that airtight and well-braced are more important than pretty on the inside. Bill Fitzmaurice

netwerks

#27 Post by netwerks »

DJPhatman wrote:
vtso4 wrote:
Quite honestly, vtso4, you need to re-think your transportation needs. If you are going to DJ, for fun or for money, you will need transportation large enough to move your equipment. While a full-sized van or a trailer may be over-kill, a mini-van or a station wagon is in your near future.

Small. Loud. Low. You get two of the three.
Or get ya a cheapo "fishin truck" :)