Table tuba with Klipsch Industrial La Scala

Billy Joe

Table tuba with Klipsch Industrial La Scala

#1 Post by Billy Joe »

Hey everyone, first timer here. I have decided that i want to build a sub to run with my La Scala's. I had an old Klipsch SW-15 sub, but it just was not keeping up with the La Scala's. I have been reading everything i can on here and have found a lot of interesting things. I have decided that i might build the Table Tuba with a 10" driver, but i want some opinions from everyone. I will be using it mainly for music, and was wondering if the 10 will be able to keep up with the 15's that are in the La Scalas. All opinions are welcome Thanks.
2xTHT
AutoTuba
XF212
T18
Table Tuba

SeisTres

Re: Table tuba with Klipsch Industrial La Scala

#2 Post by SeisTres »

Billy Joe wrote:Hey everyone, first timer here. I have decided that i want to build a sub to run with my La Scala's. I had an old Klipsch SW-15 sub, but it just was not keeping up with the La Scala's. I have been reading everything i can on here and have found a lot of interesting things. I have decided that i might build the Table Tuba with a 10" driver, but i want some opinions from everyone. I will be using it mainly for music, and was wondering if the 10 will be able to keep up with the 15's that are in the La Scalas. All opinions are welcome Thanks.
There one user here that i believe had the La scalas and went with the table tuba. it was only about a month ago, so you might try to search for him and ask him how everything went. Also, he too had a klipsch sub he was replacing (although a 12", i believe.)
Built:6 t39, t18, 4 Jack10, 2 autotuba, 2 SLA,2 wedge, 2 TT, 2 Tritrix, curved sla, 2 otop212, 2 SLA pros, Ported 8" sub, 2 ported 210, dual ported 8" sub

Zack Brock

#3 Post by Zack Brock »

Speaker size in and of itself has little to no bearing on performance. You should not be choosing a design based on the size of the driver, you should be choosing it based on your performance requirements, space available and budget.
Zack Brock
Authorized Builder, Northeast Florida (Greater Jacksonville Area)
WavePulse Acoustics | zackbrock@macpulse.com | http://www.bestbasscabs.com/

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#4 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

THT would be a better match.

Billy Joe

#5 Post by Billy Joe »

Bill Fitzmaurice wrote:THT would be a better match.

I would love to have a THT, but i think it would be to big for my room. I planned on putting the TT in a corner standing upright. I am thinking it's got to be better sounding than that old sub i was using.
2xTHT
AutoTuba
XF212
T18
Table Tuba

DJPhatman

#6 Post by DJPhatman »

Billy Joe wrote:I would love to have a THT, but i think it would be to big for my room. I planned on putting the TT in a corner standing upright. I am thinking it's got to be better sounding than that old sub i was using.
You have two 15" La Scala in the room, but you think a THT is too big? :shock: :bash: :noob: :confused:
I know money often seals the deal, but seriously, quality is an investment, not an expense... Grant Bunter
Accept the fact that airtight and well-braced are more important than pretty on the inside. Bill Fitzmaurice

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#7 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

DJPhatman wrote:
Billy Joe wrote:I would love to have a THT, but i think it would be to big for my room. I planned on putting the TT in a corner standing upright. I am thinking it's got to be better sounding than that old sub i was using.
You have two 15" La Scala in the room, but you think a THT is too big? :shock: :bash: :noob: :confused:
Precisely. The additional 15Hz or so of extension that the TT would offer isn't worth the bother IMO.

Billy Joe

#8 Post by Billy Joe »

DJPhatman wrote:

Actually i meant that the THT is to big for the space that i have for a sub, but with a little rearranging i might be able to make it fit.
2xTHT
AutoTuba
XF212
T18
Table Tuba

Radian

#9 Post by Radian »

Here's a video of two AT's paired up with two La Scala's to give you an idea what Bill's cabs sound like. (Listen with really good headphones) The AT's keep up, no problem, although the TT and THT will go lower right off the bat. I just wanted to see how they sounded playing together. I had the volume kinda low to keep the camera from clipping the bass. It sounded great in post. I then used a codec that wasn't YouTube friendly when I rendered the video, :wall: hence an occasional noise that sounds similar to distortion, especially on the Taiko drum scene. Horn bliss. Building a THT would be gravy. :twisted:
Good food, good people, good times.

4 - AT
1 - TT
1 - THT Slim
2 - SLA Pro 4x6 Alphalite

Billy Joe

#10 Post by Billy Joe »

Cool video, those AT's are awesome, and it sounded cool with headphones. Well, i have changed my mind, i want bass, and a lot of it. I have decided to build the Tuba HT, i ordered the plans today, getting excited just thinking about it. :hyper:
2xTHT
AutoTuba
XF212
T18
Table Tuba

Drey Chennells

#11 Post by Drey Chennells »

love those drums man.
"Things happen, but music stays in your blood forever~." bf

InfraCoustik
Consulting/Design/Fabrication
Authorized BF Builder
http://www.infracoustik.com/
info@infracoustik.com

Billy Joe

#12 Post by Billy Joe »

will this Dayton classic DCS385-4 15" Subwoofer work in the THT.
warranty
The Dayton Audio Classic Series subwoofers offer solid value at lower price points. No compromises were made in the design, materials, or construction of these rugged 4-ohm powerhouses. The drivers feature a vented pole piece with copper cap, bumped back plate for improved excursion capability, Kevlar reinforced cone with rubber half-roll surround, and a high-temperature 4-layer copper voice coil wound on a polyimide former. Specifications: *Power handling: 300 watts RMS/600 watts max *VCdia: 2-1/2" *Le: 2.05 mH *Impedance: 4 ohms *Re: 3.32 ohms *Frequency range: 19.5-200 Hz *Fs: 19.5 Hz *SPL: 90 dB 2.83V/1m *Vas: 12.59 cu. ft. *Qms: 4.86 *Qes: 0.47 *Qts: 0.43 *Xmax: 9.3 mm *Dimensions: Overall diameter 15-1/4", Cutout diameter 14", Depth 7-3/8".

* Sturdy stamped steel frame
* Vented pole piece and bumped back plate
* Inductance-reducing copper pole piece cap
* Treated non-pressed paper/Kevlar cone with rubber surround
* 4-layer VC with polyimide former
* Great for home and automotive applications
* Five year warranty
* Xmax 9.3mm
2xTHT
AutoTuba
XF212
T18