Clueless in Seattle

Vasubandu

Clueless in Seattle

#1 Post by Vasubandu »

Hello everyone, my name is Matt Davis, and I live in Seattle. I am newly back to audio after a decade away, primarily with the purpose of designing a new home theater that will let me disappear for another decade. I as a Paradigm guy back then and now have been kidnapped by Klipsch forces. But all this new stuff leaves me cold, so my system is built around by beloved RC-7 center. Circa 2000-2004 or so I think, but don't quote me on that. I love my RC-7 so much that I had RC-7 tweeters and crossovers transplanted into a pair of RF-5, which are my fronts, and the RC-7 with RF-5 tweeters are my back surrounds. RS-7 for normal surrounds. Altogether it produces a seamless field of sound to my hearing. My sub is a 2004 SVS PB2 Plus. No idea where were this 2000-2004 thing came from. It has 2 12-inch drivers and weighs 175 pounds. I found out that SVS made a B4 Plus at the same time with 4 drivers and really wanted one. I actually found a beautiful one in San Diego, but my Klipsch friends warned me against subs that old, which has me on my new mission to build my own subwoofer.

And that is how I found my way here. Just purchased my Tuba plans and want to see if they can be adapted to my idea. Really looking forward to handing out here.

Tom Smit

Re: Clueless in Seattle

#2 Post by Tom Smit »

Welcome to the forum!
TomS

Grant Bunter

Re: Clueless in Seattle

#3 Post by Grant Bunter »

Yes, welcome to the forum!
Built:
DR 250: x 2 melded array, 2x CD horn, March 2012 plans.
T39's: 4 x 20" KL3010LF , 2 x 28" 3012LF.
WH8: x 6 with melded array wired series/parallel.
Bunter's Audio and Lighting "like"s would be most appreciated...