Getting Eminence drivers outside North America

Helpful hints on how to build 'em, and where to get the stuff you need.
Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

Getting Eminence drivers outside North America

#1 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

US Eminence dealers aren't allowed to sell to overseas customers. Overseas Eminence distributors have been known to take advantage of this and charge unconscionable prices, if they even stock the drivers you need at all.

To get around these obstacles use a US ordering house, such as

http://www.myus.com/ and

http://www.shipito.com/

They allow you to order from a US source using a US address; the drivers are shipped to the buying house, the buying house ships them to you. Even after paying the buying house fees you still come out way ahead on price, and you get what you want instead of settling for something lesser.

Always have the buying house ship to you via US Postal Service. Shippers like UPS, Federal Express and DHL may screw you royally for the honor of running your package through customs.

x_mad

Re: Getting Eminence drivers outside North America

#2 Post by x_mad »

This is VERY USEFUL INFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!

Titanium Hand

#3 Post by Titanium Hand »

Bill you're a genius! The prospect of me making a saving on shipping to Australia is fantastic. Its going to cost me somewhere in the region of $250.00 just for the shipping alone, to get two Lab 12's from PE, that's if they actually will send them. I was trying to consolidate my postal fees buy doing one big purchase but it didn't work out. I ended up buying a discontinued XTi 2000 from a retailer on ebay in the U.S. shipping was still $85.00 though.

Now I've just got to get the Lab 12's and some Speakons (Which are half the price in the US even after shipping)

Anybody had any experience with the Shipping Houses? ta
Built 2 x T39 Lab 12 loaded 457mm wide, 29inch Wide Dual Lab 12 Loaded T60 and 2 x OTop 112 2512 Melded. Powered by N.I.TRAKTOR Pro 2.6 (2.6.1 has too many issues) TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 Crown XTi2000

UROK

#4 Post by UROK »

Eminence China can ship to any country.

May work for Aussie/NZ guys.

Stephen Lu is their sales guy in Guangzhou - he's from LA so speaks perfect English and is very cool.

stephen.lu@eminence.com

LelandCrooks

#5 Post by LelandCrooks »

That's because it's an eminence factory. Nothing from there is imported here, but it was bought and built just to supply the asian market.
If it's too loud, you're even older than me! Like me.
http://www.speakerhardware.com

UROK

#6 Post by UROK »

LelandCrooks wrote:That's because it's an eminence factory. Nothing from there is imported here, but it was bought and built just to supply the asian market.
IIRC someone posted that only the neo magnets (not THOSE again!) are made in Dongguang. Everything else is imported from America. I had to wait on 3012HOs and NSD2005s to come from KY, for example.

As Leland says, it's just a big warehouse to supply Asia. However, the cost of 8 x 3012HO (pre price rises), 4 x Lab12, and 12 x NSD2005 to me was only about $30 more than if I'd bought from him (which obviously I'd way prefer to do).

Eminence shipping in bulk is obviously cheaper than individuals doing it small scale.

No axe to grind just providing another option hopefully.

I, for one, will be using a shipping house to get used Crown amps to China. The Crown prices here are ridiculous. I was quoted 8500RMB ($1300-1500US) for an XTi4000.

spongebob1981

#7 Post by spongebob1981 »

UROK wrote:
LelandCrooks wrote:That's because it's an eminence factory. Nothing from there is imported here, but it was bought and built just to supply the asian market.
IIRC someone posted that only the neo magnets (not THOSE again!) are made in Dongguang. Everything else is imported from America. I had to wait on 3012HOs and NSD2005s to come from KY, for example.

As Leland says, it's just a big warehouse to supply Asia. However, the cost of 8 x 3012HO (pre price rises), 4 x Lab12, and 12 x NSD2005 to me was only about $30 more than if I'd bought from him (which obviously I'd way prefer to do).

Eminence shipping in bulk is obviously cheaper than individuals doing it small scale.

No axe to grind just providing another option hopefully.

I, for one, will be using a shipping house to get used Crown amps to China. The Crown prices here are ridiculous. I was quoted 8500RMB ($1300-1500US) for an XTi4000.
Try living in Argentina. Check this out, 2382u$s for that same xti4000 :wall:
"Yep, deep orange" 2xJ10
(other site) 50W DIY Tube Head
----
"La música es el delirio. Bienvenidos al delirio."

Titanium Hand

#8 Post by Titanium Hand »

I took Bill's advice and used 'ShipIto' based in Torrance CA. to get Two Lab 12's from the US. Verifying what Bill said, no body would sell me Eminence directly from the US to Australia. The ShipIto fee's were very fair, they didn't muck around, only DHL dropped the ball a bit.
If I can just clear a few things up for others.

1) DHL international express on the shipping calculator states "Delivery, in 1 - 3 Business days", there is no fine print but there bloody well should be. After going a couple of rounds with a number of customer service reps, one finally new enough to state, the "1 - 3 Business Days" relates to getting from one country to the other, not door to door delivery. Didn't apologise either.

2) They mention that the package remains with DHL until it gets to the customer. This was also mis-leading as it was contracted out to Australia Post E-Parcel Division, once it was sorted at a DHL facility. There was no readily available fine print giving notification of that either. I was able to track the package though, it did arrive in an acceptable time frame and it was in good working order.

For the record; Lab 12 Australian distributor price $399 AUD. 3012LF Australian distributor price $575 AUD

I purchased all of my glue, jacks and mounting gear in the one transaction with the drivers from the US, using ShipIto. For 2 Lab's alone budget around $500 - $550 AUD all told to your door and you should get some change.
Big thanks to Bill and Leland, for all of their advice and assistance
Built 2 x T39 Lab 12 loaded 457mm wide, 29inch Wide Dual Lab 12 Loaded T60 and 2 x OTop 112 2512 Melded. Powered by N.I.TRAKTOR Pro 2.6 (2.6.1 has too many issues) TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 Crown XTi2000

Dan30

#9 Post by Dan30 »

I'm glad everything went well for you man. Happy building!

BTW get to Torrance is like a 3 minute walk outside for me.
T39 24" 3012lf (1 built 1 in progress)
SLA Pro x 2
Yamaha S112V x 1
QSC RMX 2450
dbx Driverack PA

JonoSkip

#10 Post by JonoSkip »

I used Shipito to get the hardware I needed for my 2xJ112s down to NZ. It went pretty smoothly considering it was Xmas time and Shipito were backlogged due to the Xmas rush.

The path I took was this
1. Ordered from Speaker Hardware: 2x Deltalite II 2512, handles, corners, and connector jacks. Got them to ship to Shipito Torrance, CA via FedEx Ground 5 day Service. I took all of that 5 days to get from Kansas to California and cost US$11.77.

2. Pre-warned Shipito of the package using the website and the FedEx tracking number Leland supplied. They notified me of receiving the package via email and once it was in their system I could select the freight option I wanted. I chose DHL Express 3-5 day because it was the lowest price (US$116.10 incl. insurance and Shipito's fees). Shipito dispatched the package a day after receiving it so that was OK. Shipito's website is not the most user friendly and is not intuitive but it worked so now I know for future reference not to stress so much!

3. DHL part of the trip went pretty well, although it did look like the package went from the DHL LA facility to Cincinnati back to LA just for the Hell of it. It arrived in NZ Christmas Eve and so delivery was delayed until 28/12/2011 to Hamilton because of the Holidays but I'm OK with that.

So that is my Shipito story. I hope it helps another Kiwi but as always, YMMV :cowboy:
Built: 2x Jack 112.
Bass: Cort Action A.
Amp: GenzBenz Streamliner 600.