Best Movies to flex your Home theatre?

Helpful hints on how to build 'em, and where to get the stuff you need.
scornil01

Best Movies to flex your Home theatre?

#1 Post by scornil01 »

What are everyone's favorite movies/scenes to show off your home theatre?

Finished building my pair of T18's a couple months ago and have been so happy with them. I have to say... the subs, tlah's, and slah adds a significant amount of enjoyability to even mediocre movies.

So far my favorites has been:

Jurassic park 1: the scene where Sam Neil sees the Brontosaurus for the first time and it stands on its hind legs. When it comes back down my whole house shakes and it feels like that thing is in my house. and ofcourse the scene where you see the T-rex for the first time.

the Incredible hulk (MCU): There's a scene where the military uses these sound wave weapons on the hulkster. I felt it in my chest.

Mulan (The new one): The first battle scene where they play drums.

1917: Entire movie.

How about you guys?

himhimself

Re: Best Movies to flex your Home theatre?

#2 Post by himhimself »

Dunkirk
LotR - haven't gotten the 4K remaster, but supposed to be even better audio, not just video
The Neil Peart video where he disects one of his epic drum solos
2xT30 (20", 3012LF)
2xT30 (21", 3012LF)
4xOtop J-array (Beta12, melded/straight piezos)
Truck Tuba (MCM)
Next up: 2xJack12 or family of table tubas

jimbo7

#3 Post by jimbo7 »

There's a sci-fi movie with some crazy lows and other strange noises, but I can't think of which one (probably most of them). I wanna say Prometheus. Transformers is pretty fun to watch in 3D with a great home theater system.
BFM builds:
XF212
T24 BP102 24"
2x SLA's 6-5" mids, 9- gt-302's
2x AT 14" MCM 55-2421
TrT 5" MCM 55-2421
AT 18" JBL GTO804
2x OT12 flat array
2x SLA Pro 2-Alpha 6's 2-Goldwoods
2x T39 24" 3012lf
Simplex 10 BP102

AntonZ

#4 Post by AntonZ »

War of the Worlds, the 2005 version. The classic submarine movies, with depth charges and exploding torpedoes. Crimson Tide, Hunt for the Red October, Das Boot, U571 spring to mind. I don't have these on dvd and for now have no sub connected in the living room so unfortunately I cannot back this from personal experience.

scornil01

#5 Post by scornil01 »

awesome suggestions guys!

I found this source for Dolby trailers: https://thedigitaltheater.com/dolby-trailers/

I used these videos to help with EQ'ing and Leveling each of my speakers.

I also ripped some of my 4k Blu rays and cut out my favorite scenes. I got tired of loading discs and forwarding to the best parts just to show off. If anyone would like a copy of these files I'm happy to share. Although the zip file is over 30gb and I have no idea of the best way to transfer it to you. If anyone is interested and knows of the best process of transfer let me know and ill gladly upload it to where ever.

All the files are still in the full 4k and Atmos/DTS-X. I've been playing with these the past couple of days and confirmed my AVR is reading atmos/dtsx for each file.
Attachments
Test Files.jpg