driverack app and iphone question

Helpful hints on how to build 'em, and where to get the stuff you need.
himhimself

driverack app and iphone question

#1 Post by himhimself »

Was just forced to change from a Samsung to an iPhone, and not so happy about it. Never been a real Apple fan, and not much changing here... So I downloaded the dbx app to my new phone and when I connected up at my last event, everything displayed so tiny, I couldn't read a thing. Even the screen that shows the output displays was jacked up. The bar meters were so thin as to be practically invisible. I'm so annoyed with this phone that I don't have the patience to mess around and figure it out. Heck, can't even just drop tune files on the phone to listen to. Finally figured out a way to get my music on it via Spotify but geez, really? I refuse to use iTunes!!! But as for the tiny display, any tips welcome.
2xT30 (20", 3012LF)
2xT30 (21", 3012LF)
4xOtop J-array (Beta12, melded/straight piezos)
Truck Tuba (MCM)
Next up: 2xJack12 or family of table tubas

tallevan

Re: driverack app and iphone question

#2 Post by tallevan »

Not a big iPhone fan either.

I'm a computer systems design guy, and when speaking to my clienta I always advise to pay attention to their requirements first, then the software (the app, in your case), then the operating system / environment, then the hardware (last).

People always try to jump to the hardware first, the least important thing.

In your case, since you seem to have your requirements and software nailed, consider dedicating a cheap Android phone to this task.

Choose one that runs the app well. Try it out before commiting. I'm guessing a modest CPU, big screen, long battery life are all you need. Probably no need for the latest and greatest.

I use a quite cheap Moto G6 Play. Bright screen, very little bloatware and the battery lasts a week. Really, a week!

NukePooch

Re: driverack app and iphone question

#3 Post by NukePooch »

tallevan wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:51 am
In your case, since you seem to have your requirements and software nailed, consider dedicating a cheap Android phone to this task.
+1
I generally do mixing and adjustments from an older Asus Android tablet, but I've always got several devices ready to go.
I've got a couple used Android phones that I picked up for $10ish that do the trick as music players. Works well to have a playlist on one, and use the other for requests, etc. I've got Mixing Station app on everything that can run my Behringer Digi mixers in case the tablet drops out. Also on bigger gigs, I generally have a laptop wired into the network in case my WiFi connection doesn't work.
Built:
4 Jack 112L- 3012HO, melded array
17.5 wide AutoTuba with Infinity 860w
6 Wedgehorn W6 w/ Panel Mount Piezos
2 T48 Slims (15" wide) with 3012LF
4 T48 Fattys (32" wide) with 3015LF