ATTN BUILDERS NEAR AKRON, OH!

Helpful hints on how to build 'em, and where to get the stuff you need.
DJPhatman

ATTN BUILDERS NEAR AKRON, OH!

#1 Post by DJPhatman »

https://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mat/6133968044.html

BALTIC BIRCH 15 Sheets 1/2" (5'x5') Cabinet Plywood - $300
© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)
15 Sheets (5'x5') NEW, FLAT 1/2" Baltic Birch CABINET plywood. I know that this product is measured in mm., but I don't remember the mm. thickness. It is actually a little less than 1/2".
Item located in Akron,Oh. and must be picked up. I will not split up as ALL MUST GO.
$300 or REASONABLE OFFER. Call / leave msg. OR text. 330-603-0363

That is only US$20 a sheet! :shock: :shock: :shock:

If anyone in the Detroit metro area, Windsor or Sarnia, ON, CA are interested, but don't have a way to transport, PM me. I have a Silverado with an 8' bed, ready to go. I'll drive, but you have to provide gas, food and all labor.
I know money often seals the deal, but seriously, quality is an investment, not an expense... Grant Bunter
Accept the fact that airtight and well-braced are more important than pretty on the inside. Bill Fitzmaurice

Bruce Weldy

Re: ATTN BUILDERS NEAR AKRON, OH!

#2 Post by Bruce Weldy »

DJPhatman wrote:
I'll drive, but you have to provide gas, food and all labor.
Look out boys, that's a sucker bet......oh, the gas bill is ok, but the food? :mrgreen:

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

dswpro

#3 Post by dswpro »

I live in Cleveland and work in Akron --
I was considering building 4 x T48 single 15 cabs to replace my 4 T-39s but I don't have the plans yet.
Anyone know how many 5x5 sheets it takes to build 4 T-48s that are 24 inches wide?

Bruce Weldy

#4 Post by Bruce Weldy »

dswpro wrote:I live in Cleveland and work in Akron --
I was considering building 4 x T48 single 15 cabs to replace my 4 T-39s but I don't have the plans yet.
Anyone know how many 5x5 sheets it takes to build 4 T-48s that are 24 inches wide?
Best use of the wood would be to go 30 inches wide if you have the pack space. Since the ply is 60 inches wide, you will have very little waste making 29 inch panels.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

DJPhatman

#5 Post by DJPhatman »

Bruce Weldy wrote:
DJPhatman wrote:
I'll drive, but you have to provide gas, food and all labor.
Look out boys, that's a sucker bet......oh, the gas bill is ok, but the food? :mrgreen:
Naa. Steak dinner is around $20 or so. Gas for my touring edition Silverado with a 36 gallon (136.275 litres) fuel tank! :shock: :evil: :roll: :wall:

Gasoline up here in the "north" is running around US$2.40 a gallon. Times 30 gallons = empty wallet!

Just 'cuz I'm FAT don't mean I eat a lot! Except Texas BBQ brisket. So, don't ever have me down, Bruce... unless you don't know how to Bar B Que! :lol:
I know money often seals the deal, but seriously, quality is an investment, not an expense... Grant Bunter
Accept the fact that airtight and well-braced are more important than pretty on the inside. Bill Fitzmaurice

Bruce Weldy

#6 Post by Bruce Weldy »

DJPhatman wrote:
Just 'cuz I'm FAT don't mean I eat a lot! Except Texas BBQ brisket. So, don't ever have me down, Bruce... unless you don't know how to Bar B Que! :lol:
My daughter married a (gulp) yankee......when his family came down for the wedding, his brother (from New York) had never even heard of brisket. He must have eaten 5 pounds that night at the rehearsal dinner. Had to explain to him that, yes, cows up north have a brisket, too. :cowboy:

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

DJPhatman

#7 Post by DJPhatman »

Bruce Weldy wrote:My daughter married a (gulp) yankee......
Hey, we all ain't that bad... :cowboy:
Bruce Weldy wrote:his brother (from New York) had never even heard of brisket. He must have eaten 5 pounds that night at the rehearsal dinner. Had to explain to him that, yes, cows up north have a brisket, too.
Yeah, they make a different kind of brisket in NYC. I don't particularly care for it. There is a large Jewish presence in NYC, with some of the best delicatessens on Earth! But, they don't really smoke meat there much. Not like in Texas! While I haven't visited Texas in quite a few years (late 90s), I absolutely love the BBQ and the super-spicy Tex-Mex. Dammit! Now I'm hungry!!! :wall: :cowboy: :cussing: :!:

Bruce Weldy

#8 Post by Bruce Weldy »

DJPhatman wrote: While I haven't visited Texas in quite a few years (late 90s), I absolutely love the BBQ and the super-spicy Tex-Mex. Dammit! Now I'm hungry!!! :wall: :cowboy: :cussing: :!:
Yep, we've got it pretty good here culinary-wise..

I eat Mexican food for lunch 2-3 times a week at the same little place. The servers know just what we want. The other day, my wife and I stopped in the parking lot to talk to someone before we went in. Walked up to our table (number 17 every time) and there were drinks and chips there.....I thought someone had sat down at our table.....nope, the waitress saw us in the parking lot and had our regular table ready for us with our drinks....and 90% of the time, they know what we each are going to eat based on the specials of the day.

Just waiting for someone to yell NORM! when I walk in.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

DJPhatman

#9 Post by DJPhatman »

dswpro wrote:I live in Cleveland and work in Akron --
Got so carried away with Bruce, I missed your post, dswpro! :oops:

Do you need more volume? Or do you want more extension? If you want to gain volume, build more T39, as wide as you can. 4 T48 pack space = 27,648 inches cubed. T39 pack space (24") = 18,252 inches cubed, T39 pack space (30") = 22815 inches cubed. You don't gain much SPL to justify the size difference. 4 30" wide T39s give you pretty much everything 4 T48 give you, except 5Hz of extension, in quite a bit less pack space (19,332 inches cubed).

djtrumptight

#10 Post by djtrumptight »

http://www.toledoplywood.com/hardwood.asp

this is where i go to buy my wood,5x5's are $16.95 each,u may get it cheaper if u are buying 20 sheets,i would try to strike a deal over the phone as opposed to going there then trying to strike a deal.
Built:
2 Autotuba's MCM 55 2421
8 T48's 24"wide 3015 LF
2 DR 250's melded Deltalite II 2510
2 DR 250's flat Deltalite II 2510
2 SLA HT systems
1 Table Tuba Dayton DCS 255-4
2 T 39's 20" wide 3012 LF
1 T-18 13" wide MCM 55 2421
2 SLA Pro's

MulletOver

#11 Post by MulletOver »

Are these sold?
(8) 19" T39s (4xLab12, 4xDelta12LFA)
(4) SLA-PRO (4x6") Alpha6a
(1) Simplexx 10" wedge

DJPhatman

#12 Post by DJPhatman »

MulletOver wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:41 pm Are these sold?
No idea, but this post is almost 9 months old...