Need experienced T48 advice

Helpful hints on how to build 'em, and where to get the stuff you need.
ondasticks

Need experienced T48 advice

#1 Post by ondasticks »

Ok there's a couple questions I've been meaning to ask. I'm at 90% percent done with my T48 first build and I'm proud so far of the outcome I'd thought I'd mess it up somehow. Here are the things I did wrong I didn't cut the notches for handles or the caster cut outs I'm waiting for my drivers to be delivered tomorrow to set one in then finish putting the final access cover brace I need to drill holes for the tnuts and once driver is installed do the same for the access cover. Well I still need to get what I believe is a quarter inch roundover bit but I'm confused do I do roundover all over the cab or just exterior wise. Also I want to know how many gallons of duratex do I need for two T48s x 27 also I have cable connection questions about my amp rack and need some savy advice with hookup. My question is my adcom amp only has rca outputs what type of plug do i use to get both channels working properly do i use balanced or unbalanced I think there is an adapter that has rca on one tip and xlr female on the other do I use that one. So please I'd appreciate the help i noticed a very positive thing about this forum is that we hang tight and help other
Last edited by ondasticks on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tom Smit

Re: Need experienced T48 advice

#2 Post by Tom Smit »

Don't give out your phone number!
TomS

doncolga

#3 Post by doncolga »

If I recall, I did four tubas and two OT12's with one gallon of Duratex, so one gallon should handle two T48's. Be sure to get the recommended rollers too.
Donny Collins
Built:
Two 18" Tuba 30's 3012 LF
Two 26" Tuba 30's Lab 12
Two OmniTop 12's DL 2512 (Melded Array)
Presonus Studio One DAW
Harrison Consoles MixBus 32C DAW

Jon Barnhardt

#4 Post by Jon Barnhardt »

doncolga wrote:If I recall, I did four tubas and two OT12's with one gallon of Duratex, so one gallon should handle two T48's. Be sure to get the recommended rollers too.
+1

Jon Barnhardt

#5 Post by Jon Barnhardt »

ondasticks wrote: Well I still need to get what I believe is a quarter inch roundover bit but I'm confused do I do roundover all over the cab or just exterior wise.
Most of us just do the exterior edges, some do the mouth opening edges as well. Oh and the handle cutout holes.

DJPhatman

#6 Post by DJPhatman »

ondasticks wrote: Well I still need to get what I believe is a quarter inch roundover bit but I'm confused do I do roundover all over the cab or just exterior wise.
If you have to buy a roundover bit, get a 3/8" roundover. For 1/2" plywood edges, it is a perfect mate to the chevron corner protectors.
I know money often seals the deal, but seriously, quality is an investment, not an expense... Grant Bunter
Accept the fact that airtight and well-braced are more important than pretty on the inside. Bill Fitzmaurice

Bruce Weldy

#7 Post by Bruce Weldy »

DJPhatman wrote:
If you have to buy a roundover bit, get a 3/8" roundover. For 1/2" plywood edges, it is a perfect mate to the chevron corner protectors.
+1

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."