Loctite PL Premium in Australia

Helpful hints on how to build 'em, and where to get the stuff you need.
MarcBass

Re: Loctite PL Premium in Australia

#31 Post by MarcBass »

PL Price Update:

Ordered a box of PL from the supplier mentioned in the first post last week. $157 (incl tax) delivered to Qld. They said that it would take a couple of days for stock to arrive.

I found the best way to deal with these guys is via email. I've been waiting a few months for them to ring me back with a price. My email last week gave good service.
Built:
2 T39 24 inch 3012LF
2 W8 melded array Fane Sovereign 8-225 loaded
2 W8 flat array Delta Pro 8
2 Omni 12 (2*10 BP102) TallBoy
2 SLA pro 4x6

Bought:
2 OT12's 3012 / NSD

Next Build: 2 SLA pro 2x6

Altec Best

#32 Post by Altec Best »

The PL premium is the hardest adhesive i have ever had to try to peel off my hands.. If you get it on your skin wipe it off before it dries..Once it dries it is a PIA to remove... Good Stuff ! Polyurethane Adhesive has tremendous strength. :D
Mankind's Great Problem Is A Perfection Of Means But A Confusion Of Ends ~ Einstein

Titanium Hand

#33 Post by Titanium Hand »

@ Marcbass

I too just dealt with 'The Budget Group' around a month back. PITA to get through to them on the phone, however persistence prevailed in the end.

It took around 5 to 7 days for them to get stock from O/S and an additional 2 days to ship it to me in Sydney.

I did get it in the end though 8)
Built 2 x T39 Lab 12 loaded 457mm wide, 29inch Wide Dual Lab 12 Loaded T60 and 2 x OTop 112 2512 Melded. Powered by N.I.TRAKTOR Pro 2.6 (2.6.1 has too many issues) TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 Crown XTi2000

Keryn O'Shea

#34 Post by Keryn O'Shea »

A question for Harley, what were you using before PL premium mate? I've had no problem with budget group, or their prices. I have an ABN, are registered with them as a company, and order in bulk, maybe thats the difference in service. Your better off to grab a carton (or four) anyway, that way the goo is there when you need it!
AT8 14", AT10 19", T30 28" LAB12, T48 36" 3015LF, THT 20" LAB15, SLA 4x3"/4x4", CArray 6x4", TLAH, TLAP, J10 FLat, J12 Flat, OT12 Flat, OT15 CD, SLAP 2x6"/4x6", WH8, DR280 Mld'd, XF210. Next J10L

Harley
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand - Authorised BFM Cab Builder

#35 Post by Harley »

Keryn O'Shea wrote:A question for Harley, what were you using before PL premium mate?
I used Fullers before they pulled out of the market. I currently use Holdfast Gorilla Grip Express 1 hr or SIKA

I don't use PL premium, mainly because it has not bee available here.

I don't use Se....... whoops I best keep that comment to my self in case Horst has his ears on :lol:
ImageSemi-retired: Former Australia and New Zealand Authorised BFM cab builder.

Keryn O'Shea

#36 Post by Keryn O'Shea »

Roger that, good to have another option available if needed. Selleys seems overpriced here for most of their products, haven't used them so can't comment. Was the Sika the polyurethane construction adhesive?
AT8 14", AT10 19", T30 28" LAB12, T48 36" 3015LF, THT 20" LAB15, SLA 4x3"/4x4", CArray 6x4", TLAH, TLAP, J10 FLat, J12 Flat, OT12 Flat, OT15 CD, SLAP 2x6"/4x6", WH8, DR280 Mld'd, XF210. Next J10L

Harley

#37 Post by Harley »

Keryn O'Shea wrote:Roger that, good to have another option available if needed. Was the Sika the polyurethane construction adhesive?
Yes, SIKA Supergrip 2 hour.

bitSmasher

#38 Post by bitSmasher »

bitSmasher wrote:$10.50 a tube for Selleys Liquid Nails Platinum, available at Bunnings... convenience is king, especially when there's one on the way home from work.
Not so convenient, Selleys has discontinued the Platinum variant :roll:

Harley

#39 Post by Harley »

bitSmasher wrote:Not so convenient, Selleys has discontinued the Platinum variant :roll:
I wonder why that was :mrgreen:

horst

#40 Post by horst »

bitSmasher wrote:
bitSmasher wrote:$10.50 a tube for Selleys Liquid Nails Platinum, available at Bunnings... convenience is king, especially when there's one on the way home from work.
Not so convenient, Selleys has discontinued the Platinum variant :roll:
New label

http://www.bunnings.com.au/selleys-390g ... e_p1210570

And Harley, 5 minutes in the naughty corner for you.

norv

#41 Post by norv »

Cheers for that Grant, I was wondering why I couldn't find it anymore... :?:
Built:
XF 210, Jack 110 (bass only), Wedgehorn 6 (panel tweets), 3 x W6 Lite, Jack 110 (melded), 2 x Jack 110 Lite (melded)

Leviathanbaph

#42 Post by Leviathanbaph »

Anyone had luck getting a response from budgetgroup recently? I've sent them several emails now with no response at all. Can anyone confirm they are still selling the PL Premium?
I would like to stick to the plans as close as possible but if there was an appropriate replacement that was just as good i would consider using that too.

Grant Bunter

#43 Post by Grant Bunter »

Leviathanbaph wrote:Anyone had luck getting a response from budgetgroup recently? I've sent them several emails now with no response at all. Can anyone confirm they are still selling the PL Premium?
I would like to stick to the plans as close as possible but if there was an appropriate replacement that was just as good i would consider using that too.
It's still listed on the website.
Call them.
That's what I did...
Built:
DR 250: x 2 melded array, 2x CD horn, March 2012 plans.
T39's: 4 x 20" KL3010LF , 2 x 28" 3012LF.
WH8: x 6 with melded array wired series/parallel.
Bunter's Audio and Lighting "like"s would be most appreciated...

Geordie

#44 Post by Geordie »

I used Bostik seal n flex in the 600g sausage, was a roofer in a previous life, very comfortable with the product and my titans and TAT came up a treat 8)
2 x 24" T48 - 3015lf
1x 19" TAT - jbl 1014 (A mate blew the JBL, now has infinity1060w)

To come......
4xDR280's 3012HO (Almost complete!!!)

Leviathanbaph

#45 Post by Leviathanbaph »

Just to let everyone know, don't order from budgetgroup if you are in a rush, i placed my order 76 days ago over the phone and still have received no product, have called them many times and simply receive an answer of "it's coming soon"

Order was one box of the PL premium, minimum order; pretty poor service if you ask me.