Jack 10 Lites

Post your reviews and pictures here.
Jarmin

Jack 10 Lites

#1 Post by Jarmin »

So I finally got the chance to use my bastardised, bullet tweeter touting, slightly different sized Jacks in a gig setting.

Holy shit these things have no right being so loud!!

I play in a band called Señor Fire. Alternative rock which gets heavy sometimes. Not crazy loud but loud enough! We play in drop d tuning and every note I played was loud, warm and clear. Lovely growl coming from the Thunderbird. I had no wall loading and yet I still had a ridiculous amount of low end which was consistent pretty much wherever you were standing. The Terror Bass never even got to half power!! The way they cut through is quite incredible and the girl doing the sound was very impressed.

For me, they are the best sounding cabs I’ve used with the Orange by a long way and that includes Oranges cabs. (I love Orange!) There is something about them that any standard cab I’ve ever used (1x15, 4x10 etc) just can’t compete with. You’re not going to shift as much air as an 8x10 would I grant you. However, I can chuck all my gear in the back seat now! And they still made my shorts flap a bit!

After I bought my Jacks (eBay) upon closer inspection they are a bit wonky! The rear left of the top cab is about half inch shorter than the rest to the point that I have screwed an extra leg on top of the old one so it doesn’t wobble! Similar situation with the bottom although much much less. And of course, bullet tweeters is a real head scratcher but they are always turned off!! They do have deltalites tho and the correct crossover according to my standard jack plans. The extra switch on the cabs is exactly that. No wires!!

If mine sound as good as they do (and trust me, they really do) then I can only imagine what they are like when built exactly right. All of a sudden the flat pack kits and shipping to the uk looks like a bargain!

Then I could have 4.........
Attachments
73419D03-6524-466A-BD5D-D475C0436A34.jpeg
Thunderbird
Terror Bass
Jack 10 Lites

Tom Smit

Re: Jack 10 Lites

#2 Post by Tom Smit »

:clap:
TomS

Ben

Re: Jack 10 Lites

#3 Post by Ben »

Jarmin wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:15 pmevery note I played was loud, warm and clear.

The way they cut through is quite incredible
Yes. And yes. I've played through a lot of bass cabinets and they just don't have the clarity that I hear from the jacks.
Built:
Jack 12 (2)
Wedgehorn 6 (4)