Jack 12's

Post your reviews and pictures here.
Signalsdrone

Jack 12's

#1 Post by Signalsdrone »

It is a great day!

I picked up two Jack 12's that were constructed by forum member Tom Smit. I had contacted Tom earlier in the year about having the Jacks built. I wanted a full range type PA cabinet that would work with my ukulele, a Roland drum kit, vocals, and my bass guitar. I arrived at Tom's house and brought a bunch of gear with me to test them out. Tom had already broken the 3012HO's in so I hooked up a 300W powered mixer and plugged in my uke, a Beat Buddy and I handed Tom my Rumblekat.

It sounded great right off the bat! I had everything for the instruments and mic set flat, a slight bass and treble boost on the mixers 9 band EQ. We played three songs together and I thought it sounded awesome. Tom played really well for having a bass thrust into his hands on the fly.

The cabinets were finished well and exactly what we'd discussed. He kept me updated with regular e-mails and finished them up within the timespan he said he would. Great job Tom and thanks for the professional service.

When I got home, I set them up on my deck, plugged my uke and Beat Buddy in and blasted away. It's like playing through a pro PA setup. These Jack 12's and my old mixer sounded better than the equipment I played through at the Canterbury Folk Festival in Ingersoll Ontario earlier this year and I didn't even bugger about with the EQ settings yet. I just played. I then brought them inside to the basement and plugged my Roland TD-11 drum kit into the mixer. WOW, it sounds so good! It is much brighter playing with the Jack's, I had all the piezos on and the ride and crash cymbals sounded so much better than playing through my 210 Traynor bass cab. I quit playing once my hands got tired, my ears are ringing and I'm happy.

BFM Jack 12's, kicking ass! Thanks Bill, thanks Tom.

Cheers,

Ian

Tom Smit

Re: Jack 12's

#2 Post by Tom Smit »

You're welcome! Aaaand, thank you!
I had a blast while you were here.
TomS