WH10

Post your reviews and pictures here.
Preston

WH10

#1 Post by Preston »

Used 4x WH10 last weekend for the first time. 6 piece band, mostly country, 4 vocals, outside on a trailer. I did spend a good amount of time tweaking the eq on the wedges before the gig. I did not ring out monitors before downbeat due to a time issue (stage wasn't delivered until 2 hours before showtime) but still had zero feedback issues all night and was actually asked to turn the monitors down a couple times. These wedges get plenty loud. I had mixed comments from the various performers. Some of them loved them, others not so much. One commented that it sounded like he was singing "through a cardboard TP roll", but others said they sounded great and could hear everything clearly. These wedges have way more low end that I expected, they truly are full range as advertised, and the horizontal dispersion is stunning. I could hear myself clearly during testing even moving radically to the side where a conventional wedge would clearly drop off. The same naysayer claimed that the female vocalist's wedge sounded "muddy" but she did not complain herself. The main male vocalist (Mr. TP roll) complained that the foldback was dry, and wanted effects in the monitors. I am loath to ever do so, so that may have been a large part of his complaints. I believe that many performers think they want a very hi-fi sounding wedge, even though what they really need is to hear their voice cut through to stay on pitch. Regardless, more good comments than bad and I am very satisfied with how these wedges perform, clearly exceeding my expectations once again.

ibgross

Re: WH10

#2 Post by ibgross »

Sounds like a clear case of LSD.

Preston

#3 Post by Preston »

Used the WH10 with another band over the weekend and they loved the sound!

Tom Smit

#4 Post by Tom Smit »

Preston wrote:Used the WH10 with another band over the weekend and they loved the sound!
:clap:
TomS