first time tht sub build

Post your reviews and pictures here.
albert5.1

first time tht sub build

#1 Post by albert5.1 »

just want to say thanks to bill for these plans. guys seriously if you are even considering a sub these plans are such a bargain. i have zero wood working experience and made mine in a couple weekends with minimal problems. total cost for the build was around $550. i have the 300watt bash plate amp and it is set at about 25% and reciever is set to -9.5 gain (pioneer sc 61). with those settings its honestly still too much bass most of the time. i watched fury shortly after the build and couldnt believe that a tank wasnt in my basement. the sound is clear and dominant and by far the best bang for buck (literally) in my home theater. thanks again.

Al Mikaluk

Tom Smit

Re: first time tht sub build

#2 Post by Tom Smit »

:clap:

Do you have any pics?
TomS

Guitbusy

#3 Post by Guitbusy »

Without pics, it didn't happen. :wink:
1 x Tuba 24 (24"x24"x24")
2 x Wedgehorn 6
2 x SLA Pro Shorty (2x6)

albert5.1

#4 Post by albert5.1 »

still waiting for the binding posts to show up hence no panels. maybe im just used to terrible bass from my old sub but it sounds great even without the panels. listening to some some ac/dc right now. :D :noob:
Attachments
sub1.jpg

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#5 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

albert5.1 wrote:still waiting for the binding posts to show up hence no panels. maybe im just used to terrible bass from my old sub but it sounds great even without the panels. listening to some some ac/dc right now.
Don't run at high volume with movies with the cover off, the driver isn't properly loaded and can easily be blown from over-excursion if there's any content below 20Hz.

albert5.1

#6 Post by albert5.1 »

ok thanks bill. great tip. i have a bash 300s plate amp set at around 25% and all my reciever gains are turned all the way down. hopefully with those settings and some good judgement it will be ok. is there alot of sub 20hz content? i would have never heard it before now. is sub 20hz even very audible? why would they use it if you can barely hear it?

Rich4349

#7 Post by Rich4349 »

Below 20hz is felt much more than heard, which for home theatre (movie special effects) is just what you want. The content is there in many action movies, you just can't access it without subs like these.
2 DR250s, 2 27" Lab15 T-60s, 2 30" Neo Titan 39s, 1 Autotuba...and looking for more!