2xJ210 - really great sound!

Post your reviews and pictures here.
chillhuman

2xJ210 - really great sound!

#1 Post by chillhuman »

I finished a 2xJ210 build several months ago. I haven't really been able to lean on them yet, but its coming. However, so far they are incredible sounding! I run mixer->DRPA->Crown XLS602. I just got a rackmount mixer, so we take 2 rack boxes to gigs, one for FOH and one for Mons. Very easy setup.

The Jacks have a very balanced and open sound. I used to run DR200s and found them ice picky even with subs. The Jacks are a totally different story. Loud, clear, balanced, and since I used pine this time, light! I have strap handles on the sides and they're easy to load in and out of my truck. I am very happy with them. I'm in the middle of building 2 T24's w/ 2x bp102s. I don't know that they will be needed any time soon, but we'll book gigs that need them once we have them.

I wanted to get to a nice sounding boxes on sticks setup for a while now, and with these tops I'm there. Very happy!

kekani

Re: 2xJ210 - really great sound!

#2 Post by kekani »

Mind if I ask how you setup with the drpa? I currently go mixer-dual31 eq-QSC gx5, all mono, meaning one channel to mains & the other to monitors.

I've been contemplating a drpa, but I'm not sure how, or if I can use it w/ my current setup.

Aaron
Wedgehorn 6 (x2)
Jack 110 Lites (x2)
XF212 (Egnater style)
DR200 ASD (Yes! Finally!)

chillhuman

Re: 2xJ210 - really great sound!

#3 Post by chillhuman »

I run mixer to DRPA to power amp. They are a little pricey, but I like mine a lot. There are features that I don't need, but I use the eq and limiting all the time, and dial in some light compression depending on the venue. If we can set up early I like the feedback eliminator too.