Dual Loaded Table Tuba Review

Post your reviews and pictures here.
bassmonster

Re: Dual Loaded Table Tuba Review

#16 Post by bassmonster »

When I say two eights they shake their heads in doubt until I fire it up, then they ask me where I bought it. It'd be a total "sleeper", in car speak, if the mouth wasn't red.

Deds to the curved mouth bracing goes to user "anamalous". His blue T48's with the curved bracing are stunning.

shawn_g

#17 Post by shawn_g »

+1 on the curved bracing. I might try to do something like that on my T39s.

bassmonster

#18 Post by bassmonster »

Here's a short video of the window flex from outside my room. Running about 13v here, I forgot what song was playing. More videos to come if I have the time.

PS: It can take over 30v. :mrgreen:

88h88

#19 Post by 88h88 »

Poor house. :cry:
4xOT12s, 2xT39s@22", TTLS@18", 2xT60@18"

subharmonic

#20 Post by subharmonic »

bassmonster wrote:Here's a short video of the window flex from outside my room. Running about 13v here, I forgot what song was playing.
You NEED a bigger horn. :twisted:
2x T39, 1x T60, 1x THTLP, 1x AT(not built by me) 6x DR250
I need more bass

But this gal's built like a burlap bag full of bobcats
CW Mcall

bassmonster

#21 Post by bassmonster »

subharmonic wrote: You NEED a bigger horn. :twisted:
I need a THT. :twisted: The parents would have a coronary! :loler:

subharmonic

#22 Post by subharmonic »

bassmonster wrote:The parents would have a coronary!
And a new insurance provider.
I need more bass

CW Mcall

bassmonster

#23 Post by bassmonster »

Well, I did my first DJ event with the dual TT last night.

It was a 20x30ft room with maybe 10 or 11ft ceilings, so the kids were packed in there like sardines. I did the crawl method and put my sub in the middle of the dancefloor then found the place the bass was loudest in. I placed the TT there and setup my entire rig. It was overkill to the max. The mains were running at 90% power the whole time and the TT was seeing an average of 13v. Any more and it would have completely drowned out the mains, but since this was a teenage dance I always like running the sub much hotter than the rest. :mrgreen: It's nice to have an excess of bass for once after so many years of having the low end lacking.

So anyway, I set up and people started coming in. I turned to 90% on the mains and about 30% power on the TT. Bass was even and unruly. The bass hit hardest smack in the middle of the dancefloor, and it was unreal. It hit with a smack in the chest I'd never felt even at concerts I was playing it so loud. The low notes made my hair stand up on end, and my entire body was resonating with the bass. The teens there actually kind of jumped when the TT played notes that they'd never heard before out of any other sub. It was IMO the perfect room for this setup. There was plenty of bass on the dancefloor, but there was a serious null in the very back of the room where there were chairs for the tired ones, and the bass was nonexistent there. We actually had to take stuff off the walls and shelves in the room beforehand so the dual TT wouldn't shake them off. The owner of the venue looked at me dubiously when I said this, but once I did a "test fire" of the TT at 5 volts it needed no further explanation.

Complete success. All the kids thought I was a professional. I'm actually just a hobbyist as you can see by my ghetto fabulous bookshelf speaker DJ system. They all asked "What is that???" when they saw the TT and I was like, "a sub." They were like "What does it do?" I said, "You'll see soon enough. It breathes for you." :mrgreen: They actually liked me better than the professional DJ they had hired for previous small dances like this. Thanks again Bill for the incredible design. If I get some more gigs I want to build OT12s and some slim T60s this summer.

Drey Chennells

#24 Post by Drey Chennells »

I can picture this..
bassmonster wrote: They were like "What does it do?" I said, "You'll see soon enough. It breathes for you." :mrgreen:
"Things happen, but music stays in your blood forever~." bf

InfraCoustik
Consulting/Design/Fabrication
Authorized BF Builder
http://www.infracoustik.com/
info@infracoustik.com

Gregory East

#25 Post by Gregory East »

Well done.

You'll be asking for a drawbar for the Forrester for Christmas.
BAT10, Bad Auto Tuba. Reverse folded TAT to fit JBL 1014D, 350W driver, voltage limit unknown.

el_ingeniero

#26 Post by el_ingeniero »

If you keep dong that type/size of event, SLA Pros.

Tom Smit

#27 Post by Tom Smit »

Cool!

Now when are you going to compete at a DB race?
TomS

88h88

#28 Post by 88h88 »

bassmonster wrote:I turned to 90% on the mains and about 30% power on the TT. Bass was even and unruly. The bass hit hardest smack in the middle of the dancefloor, and it was unreal. It hit with a smack in the chest I'd never felt even at concerts I was playing it so loud. The low notes made my hair stand up on end, and my entire body was resonating with the bass.
:owned:

Nice work.
4xOT12s, 2xT39s@22", TTLS@18", 2xT60@18"

subharmonic

#29 Post by subharmonic »

Sounds like it is time to stop going topless!
I need more bass

CW Mcall

bassmonster

#30 Post by bassmonster »

I was wondering how a pair of half SLA pros and this TT would do for other small gigs like this one in similar sized rooms. That would be a killer garage DJ rig methinks.

My ears kind of hurt with the really high stuff on the mains so I guess I was running somewhere around 110dB on the tops. Much louder on the bass though, I asked a couple of kids what they thought about the bass and I heard "insane", "sick", "I didn't know Lady GaGa dropped that low", "I got nauseous after awhile".

I'll try the dB race after I get a car amp next year. Parents don't want this in the car after hearing about the DJ event. They say it's too big even with all the upholstery ripped out it still sits above the rearview mirror line in the Forester. Guess I'll have to build another slightly thinner TT loaded with a single ten instead of dual eights. :P