T39 lab loaded sub WOW!

Post your reviews and pictures here.
Gauss

Re: T39 lab loaded sub WOW!

#16 Post by Gauss »

osse wrote:
Gauss wrote:Awesome! I still can't get over my T39, either. Last night DJ'ed for about 50 high schoolers, and they kept saying how great the bass was, and couldn't believe it was a single twelve. One kid was patting the DR200s and saying, "These have got some bass!" I love that they can't find the subwoofer, unless they know to look for it.

Let us know about your sweet sixteen.
What freq do you cross from subs to top? I have t30s which to me sounds best crossed at 80.. using jbl eon 15 right now.. I guess this is too low for dr200, your thoughts would be awesome!
I just moved back down to 100hz from 120hz. There's too much sensitivity up there in the T39 to cross that high. I haven't missed anything, I'm sure the T39 is still covering the 120hz range.
AudioFlyer DJ: DR200 & Titan39/Titan48
BASS: Combo Amp & Titan39

Gregory East

#17 Post by Gregory East »

Have you tried leaving a gap with a gentle slope to the crossover?
BAT10, Bad Auto Tuba. Reverse folded TAT to fit JBL 1014D, 350W driver, voltage limit unknown.

osse

#18 Post by osse »

Gauss wrote:
osse wrote:
Gauss wrote:Awesome! I still can't get over my T39, either. Last night DJ'ed for about 50 high schoolers, and they kept saying how great the bass was, and couldn't believe it was a single twelve. One kid was patting the DR200s and saying, "These have got some bass!" I love that they can't find the subwoofer, unless they know to look for it.

Let us know about your sweet sixteen.
What freq do you cross from subs to top? I have t30s which to me sounds best crossed at 80.. using jbl eon 15 right now.. I guess this is too low for dr200, your thoughts would be awesome!
I just moved back down to 100hz from 120hz. There's too much sensitivity up there in the T39 to cross that high. I haven't missed anything, I'm sure the T39 is still covering the 120hz range.
Ive got the same deal.. too much sensitivity up there. are the Dr200 playing down to 100? Im not sure I understand what you mean with"I'm sure the t39 is still covering the 120 Hz range", do you mean its up there even if crossing at 100? What slope do you use?