Titan 39 Down Under with Pictures

Post your reviews and pictures here.
88h88

Re: Titan 39 Down Under with Pictures

#31 Post by 88h88 »

Titanium Hand wrote:88h88, if you're also crisprapper I saw your videos. They are likely the best sounding videos of any Subwoofers that I have seen, good effort. You have definitely done them justice. :clap:

I pump heaps of Wolfgang Gartner on mine too. Next time try 'Sofi Needs a Ladder' by Deadmau5, its a bit predictable throughout, but delivers above and beyond when the Bass kicks in good & proper. Did you find they performed better on their sides in a V, compared to upright side by side? Until I make a V-Plate I'm cautious about laying my shiny cabs on the floor :lol: I'll have to get some slider rails for them first... and touch up the bottoms
Guilty. I'm the skinny fella with the stupid trainers and earplugs with the look of disbelief on my face.

The camera is a Panasonic Lumix TZ10, it's my dad's and a very very good little camera, it has little stereo mics on top and seems to cope very nicely with the sound. On a couple of the videos when I stepped up to where the subs were you could hear the mics distort from the pressure (The Excision track in particular). I might have to retire my DSLR and get one as it seems I end up borrowing it more often than not. I was just surprised that out of all the builds that have been done there were relatively few videos showing how powerful these speakers are and feel that more videos is never a bad thing to promote how impressive they sound. Next time I'm out I'll get some more video.

Personally my ears couldn't tell much of a difference with them being stood up compared to laying down V'd, the SPL went up a bit though so it does seem to make a difference. When they were sat against the wall though, that's when things really started to get fun. I need to buy more ply for a plate and then it's playtime again. :twisted:
4xOT12s, 2xT39s@22", TTLS@18", 2xT60@18"

Titanium Hand

#32 Post by Titanium Hand »

88h88 wrote:I need to buy more ply for a plate and then it's playtime again. :twisted:
+1
Built 2 x T39 Lab 12 loaded 457mm wide, 29inch Wide Dual Lab 12 Loaded T60 and 2 x OTop 112 2512 Melded. Powered by N.I.TRAKTOR Pro 2.6 (2.6.1 has too many issues) TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 Crown XTi2000

bitSmasher

#33 Post by bitSmasher »

Nice vid 88h88, playing a song by an Australian group...

TH - I'm planning to build a BFM system with 4-6 T39s and 2 OT12s. I already have 6x Delta12LF which were a bargain purchase.
Would love to build with LABs or the like but can't afford to import them! This build has been planned for 2-3 years, might make a start on it early next year... maybe... :roll:

Will keep an eye on your forum activity, if I am ever your way I'll try and check out the boxes.

88h88

#34 Post by 88h88 »

bitSmasher wrote:Nice vid 88h88, playing a song by an Australian group...
I love me some Oz synthpop kinda stuff. Miami Horror, Presets, Empire of the Sun... You seem to be cranking out some really cool stuff down there.

Titanium Hand

#35 Post by Titanium Hand »

We've got a few good acts for sure. Music Festivals are really big in summer here, generally with a lot of emphasis on local performers filling the line up.
Have you heard PNAU? They harness a pretty solid musical family with members in; Empire Of The Sun, Sleepy Jackson and PNAU.

Another good act is 'The Aston Shuffle', Tracks 'For Everyone', 'Your Love' and 'Stomp Your Shoes' are staple Aussie party tracks, their bass line is right were it needs to be for the Titans.
To my knowledge the Aussie track with the meanest Titan thumping bass line is Baby by PNAU, (Just Whoa remix) ft The Aston Shuffle Its getting on a bit, remixed around early 2008. Gets trendy Ladies and Gents up every time.

BitSmasher PM me anytime you have the urge to hear the T39's, you'll love them.
Built 2 x T39 Lab 12 loaded 457mm wide, 29inch Wide Dual Lab 12 Loaded T60 and 2 x OTop 112 2512 Melded. Powered by N.I.TRAKTOR Pro 2.6 (2.6.1 has too many issues) TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 Crown XTi2000

88h88

#36 Post by 88h88 »

Yup I'm aware of PNAU and Aston Shuffle, my memory is just crap. Hilltop Hoods and Midnight Juggernauts are also favourites. I caught the Juggernauts over here when they opened for Chromeo last year.