SLA Pro

Post your reviews and pictures here.
SirNickity

Re: SLA Pro

#16 Post by SirNickity »

Couple more SLA Pro questions... *ahem*

1) Are the Daytons hole-compatible with the Alphas (and Alphalites)? I want to build four of these, and ideally I'd use A-lites, but that's a huge up-front investment. I'm thinking instead of building two with Daytons, two empty, then filling the empties with A-lites, and eventually upgrading the Daytons. Only if I wouldn't have to change the baffle, though. (And yes, I checked the spec sheets, but the Eminence hole specs are in Greek, or so it seems to me.)

2) I don't see any mention of low-passing the woofers. Is there any advantage to doing so?

3) On the handles/ports: I did a rough calculation and it seems the improvised ports have an area of about 10" squared each. If I didn't completely bugger my math, that's about the same as a single 2.5" port tube. Would a single ~2.7" diameter port tube on the back be a suitable replacement? (~22" squared)

4) How are you guys calculating the maximum voltage? I'm thinking of bi-amping with a plate amp, or maybe designing a simple chip amp depending on the necessary wattage, so I need to figure out power requirements for the PA165, Alpha[lite], and the piezos.

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

Re: SLA Pro

#17 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

SirNickity wrote:Couple more SLA Pro questions... *ahem*
Pleas do not hijack reviews with questions. Start another thread. Thanks.