Used the TAT for a small wedding gig this past weekend.

Post your reviews and pictures here.
BCBoom

Used the TAT for a small wedding gig this past weekend.

#1 Post by BCBoom »

I had a chance to use my recently completed TAT at a small wedding that I DJ'd this past weekend. It was in a small room, maybe 45' x 25' with only about 50 people. Prior to finishing the TAT build, I had used a single T39 when small gigs like this would come up (usually only a couple a year). The single T39 was always way more then was needed for a gig in a room this size with this few people. I really built the TAT for the Van but after reading some reviews of others using them for small gigs, I figured I would give it a try.

I was really impressed with the TAT in this setting. There was plenty of bass through out the room and it delivered on all that I asked for from it all night. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't the type of bass that sucks the air out of your chest. But for a wedding reception it gave me everything I needed in one small package. Really quite amazing when you consider it is only a single 8" sub.

The complete set up was a pair of Yorkville CX80 tops (100w 8 inch / 1 inch) with an EV crossover, Crown XLS 202 and of course the TAT. DJ gear I was running my new Denon MC6000. All together it was a small easy rig to set up that fit perfectly with the needs for the event.

The set up didn't allow for a proper corner load, so I ended up wall loading on one of the long walls that I had some space on. I was running mono signal with the one side of the amp powering tops and the other the sub. Kept an eye on levels through the night as the XLS 202 is rated 200W at 8ohm and 300 at 4ohm, didn't want to blow my new TAT and unfortunitally no limiter on the EV crossover, so I was watching levels close all night.

I was really impressed with what the TAT in this setting. It isn't something I would recommend for anything larger than this. But for a small setting that didn't require chest pounding bass, but instead some solid bottom end reinforcement in a small package, it was a great fit.
BCBoom

Built: 4 x OT12 (Deltalite 2512 loaded), 2 x T39 (Kappalite 3012LF loaded), 2 x T48 (Kappalite 3012LF loaded), 1 x TAT
Future Build: 4 x T48 or T60