T-39's for DJ work

Post your reviews and pictures here.
Preston

T-39's for DJ work

#1 Post by Preston »

Last night I DJ'ed a wedding reception for just over 200 guests in a 65 x 65 building with a 20-25 ft ceiling, a lot like a gymnasium, but a little "softer." I put a pair of 28" 3012 loaded t-39's v-plated in the front two corners, and I set up right in front of one of them. The dance floor was in the center of the room. I used a single pair of OT-12's (3012HO,melded) for the tops, on either side of the head table. I did use a pair of large Fisher home stereo speakers (it was all I could grab on short notice) in each of the back two corners during the dinner hour so I could get better dispersion at nice low levels, but turned them off before the dancing.

The short version is: everything works exactly as advertised, or a little better. The slightly longer version is that I was grinning all night long, never came close to hitting a limiter, and didn't ever think I needed more rig. Additionally, I was reminded that any time I set up the BFM rig in front of the general public, I'd better have an ample supply of business cards, because people will be asking for them before the night's half over.

Even though I've set up and tore down this system many times, at the end of the night I was still a little bit in disbelief that all that sound came out of those light little boxes, and that I had actually built them myself.

LEVLHED

Re: T-39's for DJ work

#2 Post by LEVLHED »

from my personal experience and stuff I've learned/read, your combo of T39's and Otop 12's is indeed a very potent, compact system for 200-250 people!
Congrats
http://www.livingjukebox.com
9,000 watts and I'm not afraid to use them.

SoundInMotionDJ

#3 Post by SoundInMotionDJ »

Preston wrote:Last night I DJ'ed a wedding reception for just over 200 guests in a 65 x 65 building with a 20-25 ft ceiling, a lot like a gymnasium, but a little "softer." I put a pair of 28" 3012 loaded t-39's v-plated in the front two corners, and I set up right in front of one of them. The dance floor was in the center of the room. I used a single pair of OT-12's (3012HO,melded) for the tops, on either side of the head table.
Wow! I only use a pair of 14" T39's BP102 loaded in 2500 sqft...and that gets complaints of "too much bass." Excellent review.

--Stan Graves
10 T39S + 10 DR200 + 1 T48

BCBoom

#4 Post by BCBoom »

That system is almost the same, in almost the same setting as I was set up in last weekend. Had my to OT12 with two T48's at a wedding for 200. Also the same was dance floor center of the room with head table right in front of it, OT12 on either side. I was set up in the corner with my T48's corner loaded right beside me. No rear fill speakers though, really didn't feel I needed them, sound was good through the room with out them during dinner and dancing.

I have also used OT12 with T39's in the same hall and set up and was blown away with it. Only took the T48's to this one as there request list was mostly Urban and new EDM which I wanted that little bit of extra bottom end for.

You are dead on about the business cards as well. Ever since I switched to this set up last year I have more comments and requests for cards then ever before.
BCBoom

Built: 4 x OT12 (Deltalite 2512 loaded), 2 x T39 (Kappalite 3012LF loaded), 2 x T48 (Kappalite 3012LF loaded), 1 x TAT
Future Build: 4 x T48 or T60