DR200+T39's

Post your reviews and pictures here.
Haysus

DR200+T39's

#1 Post by Haysus »

The past few weeks I have done some outdoor shows featuring local variety bands. My setup consists of 4 DR200's and 2 T39's running off 1 XTI4000. I would like to first point out I have 4 T39's but I haven't had time to hook them all up. So I Vplate the 2 subs and am just amazed at the coverage I get out doors. Many ask me what I have in the subs and I am happy to report 1 x12" each cab. :o

As for the DR's. They draw very little power and are super loud and clear. I have heard the JBL VRX many times and the DR's, IMO, match and then spank them at a lot less $$$.

4 20" T39(built)
2 WH8(built)
3 WH10(own)
4 DR200(own)

1 Jack 12(built)
SAC 24 Channel Mixer
SAW STUDIO Recording

Scott Brochu

Re: DR200+T39's

#2 Post by Scott Brochu »

Did you have 4 dr's on one channel? Just wondering how it was cause I might do the same if I can buy an amp for a good price.
Glad to hear they went well. I know mine are clear. :mrgreen:
Drumming is a way of life.
ME LIKE TO HIT THINGS!
http://billfitzmaurice.info/forum/viewt ... 26&t=11232

Haysus

Re: DR200+T39's

#3 Post by Haysus »

Scott Brochu wrote:Did you have 4 dr's on one channel? Just wondering how it was cause I might do the same if I can buy an amp for a good price.
Glad to hear they went well. I know mine are clear. :mrgreen:
Yes I always have all 4 hooked up unless I do acoustic coffee house gigs. The XTI 4000 gets to the third light sometimes(of 4 green before clip) and I usually dial the attenuater back a little on the top channel. The sub channel hits 3-4 green lights consistently. I am limiting my amp to recommended voltage and I don't feel bad when I turn up the subs.As far as sub channel haven't hooked up more than 2. I have another XTI 2000 sitting around and want to run the tops stereo and leave the 4000 for sub duty for all 4 if I need. On paper it looks ideal but real world will tell.

Off topic , this last show I had bad power to my rig( low voltage) the high end sounded fuzzy and the low end would pump and breath. It got bad enough for the amps to go into protect mode for a few second a few times. Luckily a genny showed up and the system came alive. Moral to the story good power and stable amp loads equal quality sound. :mrgreen:

4 20" T39(built)
2 WH8(built)
3 WH10(own)
4 DR200(own)

1 Jack 12(built)
SAC 24 Channel Mixer
SAW STUDIO Recording