Finished SLA pro and Tuba 24 pics

Post your reviews and pictures here.
johns811

Finished SLA pro and Tuba 24 pics

#1 Post by johns811 »

I guess they're finally done. Started back in Feb. Took some time off between the T24 and SLA. The T24 is 20" wide using recomended driver. The SLA Pro is using the Dayton 6" as I was able to buy all 8 for $100 plus shipping thanks to Mikey on this site. There is a single port on the back, xover attached to the back of the middle brace that has access through the port. For some reason the left seems to sound better than the right but all the wiring seems to be correct. The Pros and the T24 seem to match up really well. Using the Daytons I think a sub is mandatory with the SLA pro as the bass is weak sounding. The electronic are far from ideal but using the plate amp high level inputs cross at 125hz. Hope to get better amp eventually. Use will be recreational parties just for fun, non-commercial for now anyway.

I thought I did all 3 for around $300 until wife handed me a pile of lowes/home depot receipts, so I guess it was closer to $400 plus $100 for the plate amp. Overall sound is pretty impressive, especially the T24. Can't wait to take outside and crank it up a bit. Thanks to all on this site that provided help.
Attachments
100_1116.JPG
100_1115.JPG

Mikey

Re: Finished SLA pro and Tuba 24 pics

#2 Post by Mikey »

Looks good!
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction."

Albert Einstein

ewetho

#3 Post by ewetho »

Looks very nice. I really like the finish options. Sweet!

Are the SLA Pros still getting closer in sound?

johns811

#4 Post by johns811 »

Thanks. The plans mentioned carpet could be used as a gasket and I liked the contrast in colors so I painted black and only carpeted the front. For paint I used 3 coats of "painters touch" that was $9 a quart. I sealed the cabinets with 2 coats of urethane and 1 primer sanding between coats.

It think they sound closer. Going to play them for a few more hours and get somebody to listen before I start taking apart. I'm almost positive the wiring is correct. If anything it is probably a flaky driver or connection.
ewetho wrote:Looks very nice. I really like the finish options. Sweet!

Are the SLA Pros still getting closer in sound?

bzb

#5 Post by bzb »

SLA Pros & a wide T24 with an iNuke would be very close to beating a Matrix...

I would love to hear the difference between the Alphas and those Daytons. You're not anywhere near Atlanta, are you?
Bobby Shively
Purveyor of fine aged hip hop
Traktor S4 - Vestax VCI-100 - TTX - MOTU Ultralite - Yamaha 01V

Built:
T39 13" BP102, 24" 3012LF - AT - OT12 2512 - SLA Pro - T24 - Jack 10
Powered by XTi 1000 & 2000

johns811

#6 Post by johns811 »

Whats an iNuke and Matrix?

Located in Cleveland/Akron area. I'm guessing the Alphas would be way better but they put me well over budget. For $132 I figured I would give the Daytons a try.
bzb wrote:SLA Pros & a wide T24 with an iNuke would be very close to beating a Matrix...

I would love to hear the difference between the Alphas and those Daytons. You're not anywhere near Atlanta, are you?

bzb

#7 Post by bzb »

It's been said by a few guys on here (Leland most prominently) that guys have tried to make competition for the B52 Matrix System at that budget and it was close to impossible - or just not worth it. There's a Matrix at the bar I DJ at, maybe I'll do a comparison one day if I ever get a free moment in my life.

iNuke are the cheap Class-D amps that Behringer is making. A brand new Matrix costs around $800. A wide T24, 2 SLA Pros, and a iNuke should come in around $600 with the most basic finishing touches... but have the benefit of being upgradable.
Bobby Shively
Purveyor of fine aged hip hop
Traktor S4 - Vestax VCI-100 - TTX - MOTU Ultralite - Yamaha 01V

Built:
T39 13" BP102, 24" 3012LF - AT - OT12 2512 - SLA Pro - T24 - Jack 10