Little kit that made some people talk!

Post your reviews and pictures here.
Frederic Gelinas

Little kit that made some people talk!

#1 Post by Frederic Gelinas »

A customer needed something smaller and easier to carry than her current Yorkville kit for DJ/karaoke. She needed the kit to be as modular as possible, being able to only bring 1 or 2 tops and have enough bass to sound right (something that she couldn't do with the Yorkville). Then, she wanted a sub to complement it when more people were there to dance. I built her 2 Jack 12 and a T39. I delivered the cabs directly to her gig this afternoon. I helped her setting everything and taught her about the sub placement. I asked if we had the ok to turn up the volume... then I adjusted the EQ. First impression: "Ho my god, this is so loud and so clear!" Then: "How can the sound be the same troughout the place? I'm walking around, and it sounds the same everywhere!" The owner of the place was impressed too.

Another satisfied customer!

Here's a small video of the test run, just after I finished the setup (taken with a cheap camera that doesn't like bass). Next time, I shoot a video, I'll bring something to record the sound better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kZqOrvAVfk
Frédéric Gélinas, HF Audio
Authorized Builder
HFAudio.ca
Free tone Generator
Saint-Hyacinthe, Québec, Canada

Radian

Re: Little kit that made some people talk!

#2 Post by Radian »

:clap: :clap: :clap: Reminds me of my GF. I told her when I get my rig straight, she can be the DJ. She has a really good ear for the music that the gals wanting to dance to. She's coy now, but when I strap her to 30 + dB of gain, subwoofer, and a set of cans, watch out momma! :twisted:
...getting my drunk text on!
Good food, good people, good times.

4 - AT
1 - TT
1 - THT Slim
2 - SLA Pro 4x6 Alphalite

doncolga

Re: Little kit that made some people talk!

#3 Post by doncolga »

+1 :clap: Very cool man! Can't wait to get my OT12's along with my Tubas. Thanks for the video.
Donny Collins
Built:
Two 18" Tuba 30's 3012 LF
Two 26" Tuba 30's Lab 12
Two OmniTop 12's DL 2512 (Melded Array)
Presonus Studio One DAW
Harrison Consoles MixBus 32C DAW