Omni 15tb

Post your reviews and pictures here.
Dantreige

Re: Omni 15tb

#31 Post by Dantreige »

doncolga wrote:I'm almost afraid to ask...being a keyboard player/pianist myself, where do we fit in?...I haven't seen any keyboard jokes here...yet....

Donny
Bass player perspective:

If you are "left hand heavy", I may break your arm. :) Stay our of my frequency bed or I'll play somewhere else. (After I break your arm.)

Other than that, I have no problems with keyboard players.
Once you go Jack, you never go back!

Done:
(2) Jack 12, 3012ho, Straight Array with On/Off Switch
In Process
(4) Dr200 Beta 8, Melded Array

Harley
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand - Authorised BFM Cab Builder

#32 Post by Harley »

doncolga wrote:I'm almost afraid to ask...being a keyboard player/pianist myself, where do we fit in?...I haven't seen any keyboard jokes here...yet....
That's like going fishing and the fish leaps into the boat before you get your line out!

Here's one;

Why are pianists fingers like lightning? They rarely strike the same place twice :mrgreen:

The best fight I ever had was with a second keys player in a church band who insisted on playing all the deep low stuff with her left hand as well as doing the second keys function ( brass, and strings fills ). I warned her not to do it. After our break she came back to find a piece of masking tape in line with the C below middle C - or thereabouts _ She asked "Hey what's that there for" I replied"that's your mark, if your left hand goes to the left of that, I cut your sound out of FOH"

Of course she could not resist going past to test my resolve in the first song. First time I yelled into her ear "I warned you not to do that" - second time I put my left foot on the phone jack inputs to the DI and kicked the DI with my right to disconnect her.

Yes I got into trouble after the service, but she learned her lesson and whenever she was on the team with me, her left hand behaved itself.

Edits - fixed typos and grammar
Last edited by Harley on Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageSemi-retired: Former Australia and New Zealand Authorised BFM cab builder.

Steve Regier

#33 Post by Steve Regier »

Then there are those of us who play keys and bass.
So let it be written ... So let it be done.
"BaronVonSteve"

Harley
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand - Authorised BFM Cab Builder

#34 Post by Harley »

Steve Regier wrote:Then there are those of us who play keys and bass.
You have two left hands ??? :owned:
ImageSemi-retired: Former Australia and New Zealand Authorised BFM cab builder.

BrentEvans

#35 Post by BrentEvans »

Harley wrote:
I've been known to play bass with my left and piano with my right.. at the same time... and do it well...

It's not practical but it's a nice party trick. :)
99% of the time, things that aren't already being done aren't being done because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.

Steve Regier

#36 Post by Steve Regier »

BrentEvans wrote:
Harley wrote:
I've been known to play bass with my left and piano with my right.. at the same time... and do it well...

It's not practical but it's a nice party trick. :)
I quess I am the only one who has heard of programable bass pedals. Oh, well.....
So let it be written ... So let it be done.
"BaronVonSteve"

Bruce Weldy

#37 Post by Bruce Weldy »

Steve Regier wrote: I quess I am the only one who has heard of programable bass pedals. Oh, well.....
Every little old lady that plays a church organ knows all about 'em.....except for that programmable part. :)

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

BrentEvans

#38 Post by BrentEvans »

Steve Regier wrote: I quess I am the only one who has heard of programable bass pedals. Oh, well.....
Yah... I can do that too but it's not as cool to watch.

It's actually more difficult when playing the piano though... I lapse into organ style playing which is fundamentally different.
99% of the time, things that aren't already being done aren't being done because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.