Buy first to find out what driver you need?

Get the lowdown on the down low.
Charles Jenkinson

Re: Buy first to find out what driver you need?

#16 Post by Charles Jenkinson » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:39 pm

matt ristrom wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:48 pm
Bruce - I did not list any specs. I was suggesting a way that Bill could actually list the driver options and T/S recommendations for each cabinet in a way that made it easy for engineers or pro audio people to find right away. I don't think Bill has a "Super Dooper Tuba 900" designed yet - just showing an example of what might be handy for pro audio guys that are thinking about one of his designs.

This forum seems to be a part time job/hobby/social media for a lot of you. I appreciate spending weeks/years wading through this stuff on the forum might be fun for some of you but I do not have that kind of time. I am used to working with JBL, EV and EAW where you have PDF's with all the information you need including cabinet size, driver specs, etc. and you can get the information you need and make decisions in a matter of hours.

Good luck to all of you. Moving on.
Hi Matt,

Most "engineers and pro audio" people, if they're using the driver and cab designs you quote, they are not as good as Bill's designs. There are engineers and pro audio people here as well.

You may find, as I did, that Bill's 'style' is quite hard to adjust to initially, but once you figure it out, the approach is doing you no harm, and in fact helping you, and that is the value-added of spending time here. If you want to make speedy decisions about inferior designs, based on nicely coloured marketing literature, then that is what you will do - but if you are searching for something more then you won't ultimately be satisfied until you deal with whatever issue is in the way, which is initially most likely to be combination of lack of knowledge and-or stubbornness. They're hard one's to crack, but if you fail the test this time, you'll only get to take it again further down the road. :D

I hope you are able to rationalise this and see it.

Best regards,

Charles
2xJ12L (3012HO) switchable/melded
2xT30

Words&graphics - Audio&Acoustics - Hardware&DSP; 3 different paradigms.

SethRocksYou

#17 Post by SethRocksYou » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:31 pm

Charles Jenkinson wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:39 pm
You may find, as I did, that Bill's 'style' is quite hard to adjust to...
Understatement of the year.
Gotta love 'em though.
Did I say that out loud???
pa-touy pa-touy

88h88

#18 Post by 88h88 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:19 am

This dude sounds like a grade A douche.
4xOT12s, 2xT39s@22", TTLS@18", 2xT60@18"

Tom Smit

#19 Post by Tom Smit » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:28 am

matt ristrom wrote:
This was the last post from him almost 8 weeks ago. I think the forum made the point clear, so, shall we call it quits on this thread?
TomS

Tom Smit

#20 Post by Tom Smit » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:31 am

P.S.-I really appreciate this forum because it tries to help everyone improve, the product is solid, and costs are minimal in comparison to other routes.
TomS

Bruce Weldy

#21 Post by Bruce Weldy » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:57 am

Tom Smit wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:28 am
matt ristrom wrote:
This was the last post from him almost 8 weeks ago. I think the forum made the point clear, so, shall we call it quits on this thread?
Yep....time to close it.

6 - T39 4-25" 2-22" 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512 Melded/NSD2005
1 - T24
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."