It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:22 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: wedghorns for sidefills?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:04 pm 

Anyone using 6,s for sidefills? If so how did you mount hats? Also which piezo config did you use?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:40 pm 

I don't think there is room for hats in WH6's.

Please remember that the WH's are designed to boost mids for vocal clarity. That doesn't particularly let the WH's lend themselves to sidefill duty...

3 x WH8 with melded array.
Bunter's Audio and Lighting "like"s would be most appreciated...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:02 pm 

Hi Grant. Yes. i didn't see anything in the plans unless I surface mount. I have had great luck with side fills for the types of shows I support. I usually only place vocals and some acoustic instrumentation. Usually enough of everything else on stage. So I run a L/R Sidefill right behind FOH cab and center floor cab etc. I usually never have anyone ask for more when I run this. I Ran all last summer with some commercial 8's that worked well so I was consiering the wedghorns for this. I have considered some simplex 10's as an alternative to this for my side fill needs and then use the wedgehorns for my center/drum mixes. I would use larger wedgehorn for the drum fill obviously.

Thanks for your reply

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:03 pm 
Site Admin

If a commercial 8 is enough then a W6 will be enough.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:08 pm 

Not exactly what you are doing..or asking..but, I use WH 8 for front fills for bands and EDM shows. I usually place them on top of the subs, which are arrayed across the front (4X Titan 39's "V" plated in pairs) for those who like to belly up to the stage and subs and need a little front and center highs for EDM and vocs for bands. I don't pole mount them, just put them on the subs, either upside down or on the angled back (like a monitor) depending on what angle is needed.
Like all my speakers so far I use the Goldwood piezos in the melded tweeter array.
My mains are DR250's and while this design is exemplary in it's high frequency dispersion, still I find it good to give those leaning over the subs to get as close as possible to the band some of the top end. Also, wandering around to find the sweet spot in any room I go into to work or see a band, those front fills make a very large sweet spot, and after all a sound man's job is to make the band sound good no matter where you are, especially those crushing in on the stage.

2X DR250 Deltalite II 2510
Tuba 60 W/ lab 15
FB: https://www.facebook.com/sunsoundservices/ likes appreciated