Advice needed for Zumba studio

Anything not covered elsewhere.
y2kindyz

Re: Advice needed for Zumba studio

#16 Post by y2kindyz »

Thank you drey,
What mic do you recommend? How can I high pass the tops without the drive rack? I am getting the crossover bill suggested. Will that be enough to keep the sub frequencies out?

Bruce Weldy

#17 Post by Bruce Weldy »

y2kindyz wrote: How can I high pass the tops without the drive rack? I am getting the crossover bill suggested. Will that be enough to keep the sub frequencies out?
I don't recall seeing where Bill suggested a crossover.....? Which one?

Most crossovers have a high pass filter on them.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

y2kindyz

#18 Post by y2kindyz »

My bad, that was on another post for a pair of Melhart speakers I am repairing. The Eminence PXB2:1K6 2-Way Speaker Crossover Board 1,600 Hz.

Bruce Weldy

#19 Post by Bruce Weldy »

y2kindyz wrote:My bad, that was on another post for a pair of Melhart speakers I am repairing. The Eminence PXB2:1K6 2-Way Speaker Crossover Board 1,600 Hz.
That's a passive internal crossover between the woofer and horn.....no high pass there.

Some amps have a high pass option, but it is typically set at 30hz or 100hz.....neither of which is any good for running full range tops without subs.

Build some T-39s, buy a used driverack, a used mixer, and a used power amp. The budget will be low and you can make it work just fine.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

y2kindyz

#20 Post by y2kindyz »

Bruce Weldy wrote:
y2kindyz wrote:My bad, that was on another post for a pair of Melhart speakers I am repairing. The Eminence PXB2:1K6 2-Way Speaker Crossover Board 1,600 Hz.
That's a passive internal crossover between the woofer and horn.....no high pass there.

Some amps have a high pass option, but it is typically set at 30hz or 100hz.....neither of which is any good for running full range tops without subs.

Build some T-39s, buy a used driverack, a used mixer, and a used power amp. The budget will be low and you can make it work just fine.
I hope to meet with her on Saturday and explain what she needs and the $$$ needed. I am thinking I may sell her my DBX PX and invest in a PA2, but guitar center shows some used PX's for $159. I would like to get at least $200 for mine, so we will see... So I may get her to go the guitar center route. we will see.

Thanks again for all your help guys, much appreciated,

Oscar

Bruce Weldy

#21 Post by Bruce Weldy »

y2kindyz wrote: guitar center shows some used PX's for $159. I would like to get at least $200 for mine, so we will see... So I may get her to go the guitar center route. we will see.

Thanks again for all your help guys, much appreciated,

Oscar
About $200 is right with the reference mic. $150-175 without the mic is what I'd pay for any of the PA/PX models (Those are the numbers that I have paid over the last couple of years).

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

Drey Chennells

#22 Post by Drey Chennells »

y2kindyz wrote:Thank you drey,
What mic do you recommend? How can I high pass the tops without the drive rack? I am getting the crossover bill suggested. Will that be enough to keep the sub frequencies out?
Bruce hit it all. On mic I was referring to the instructors headset and that can depend on the wireless system being used. I say upgrade because if youre getting a very cheap system the mic will be unsable. I've used these https://www.amazon.com/Shure-Wireless-F ... B00IVPFZ92 with good results but there are several good choices for this type of work.
"Things happen, but music stays in your blood forever~." bf

InfraCoustik
Consulting/Design/Fabrication
Authorized BF Builder
http://www.infracoustik.com/
info@infracoustik.com