? Verses Plate Amplifiers and Bulky Racks

Anything not covered elsewhere.
Mkulu

? Verses Plate Amplifiers and Bulky Racks

#1 Post by Mkulu »

Hi Good People
:idea:
I have been trying to come up with a solution to this problem for some time now and today I have.
Plate amps.....too many wires to trip over on stage.
Racks......heavy expensive multi processors and amps.
Now with the advent of the new WLAN mixers and stage boxes, and DSP, this problem is solved.
Now if you would like to know more, some constructive comments please!
My order for the development modules has been emailed and I will shortly be putting this 65 year old brain to use, for the betterment of inexpensive good sound.

:fingers:

Tom Smit

Re: ? Verses Plate Amplifiers and Bulky Racks

#2 Post by Tom Smit »

Keep us updated. :)
TomS

Mkulu

#3 Post by Mkulu »

Tom Smit wrote:Keep us updated. :)
Not sure if secrecy should be the byword here, before the big boys twig. :wink:
But it sure is a very inexpensive and quality way round things.

DJPhatman

#4 Post by DJPhatman »

Mkulu wrote:Not sure if secrecy should be the byword here, before the big boys twig. :wink:
Divulge info that you feel comfortable giving out. If you plan to "patent" or otherwise register it as your intellectual property, then an information blackout is in order.

I'm most interested in the specs, such as power, impedance capacity, noise level, input levels and total gain. Oh yeah, weight, too! :lol: :wink:
I know money often seals the deal, but seriously, quality is an investment, not an expense... Grant Bunter
Accept the fact that airtight and well-braced are more important than pretty on the inside. Bill Fitzmaurice

Mkulu

#5 Post by Mkulu »

DJPhatman wrote:
Mkulu wrote:Not sure if secrecy should be the byword here, before the big boys twig. :wink:
Divulge info that you feel comfortable giving out. If you plan to "patent" or otherwise register it as your intellectual property, then an information blackout is in order.

I'm most interested in the specs, such as power, impedance capacity, noise level, input levels and total gain. Oh yeah, weight, too! :lol: :wink:
Will not be able to patent the thing as it uses technology and ready made components that are already in use, it's just that the concept works well in my head at this stage.
The big advantages are;light weight, small size, one power supply,expandable, high quality pro sound,on board hard limiters, EQ, and compressors etc,gets rid of a lot of wires, can be controlled by WLAN and affordability. Who ever thought that one could ever buy the WLAN mixing consoles at the prices we pay today.In the past these have cost a small fortune, even analog systems 10 years ago.
This idea all came about with me thinking of ways to include plate amps in BFM designs.Not practical, adds extra weight,unbalances the cabs,and messes with the tuning and performance.How many power cables to a array stack of 5x DR280 with plate bi amps amps etc.So when I saw a device that is cheap and very good that can be the heart of the whole project my old brain started ticking.
If there are any of you guys on the forum with lots of digital and audio device building knowledge that would like to get involved in the project please email me private.I don't mind sharing, it will benefit all of us. :ugeek: