Haunted House Multi-Room set up

Anything not covered elsewhere.
Badblood

Re: Haunted House Multi-Room set up

#16 Post by Badblood »

I have put some thought into the 6x9 idea as well. The speakers I found on the cheap were Kenwood KFC-6965S. I can pick them up for $27 a pair. Throw them into some decent ported boxes might not sound too bad for not a lot of money. The software I am looking at is Multiroom Audio Player 5. Will let me control each room, have a general PA for announcements, and few other features I like. Using several USB sound cards as outputs.

Have any of you guys seen or used anything like this. Yosoo TDA8932 35W Digital Amplifier Board Module Mono Power Amplifier Module AMP Power

It looks like it would work with the right set up, but not sure about audio quality or any of the other fun nuances of an amp.

Otherwise I am looking at the small 4 channel Behringer amplifiers for a couple hundred each.

16 separate channels is where this thing gets to be a pain. I have looked at sooooo many options it gets a bit dizzying. My first thought was an old analog mixer with a ton of sends and some cheap mp3 players, but everything I could find cost more than the software option.

Then you get into the limiting and it gets nuts on price again. I even looked at a few digital mixers so I could do limiting onboard. Just got to be too expensive again.

Well let me know what you think.

Thanks for all the great input.

Tom Smit

#17 Post by Tom Smit »

Badblood wrote:
Have any of you guys seen or used anything like this. Yosoo TDA8932 35W Digital Amplifier Board Module Mono Power Amplifier Module AMP Power

It looks like it would work with the right set up, but not sure about audio quality or any of the other fun nuances of an amp.

Thanks for all the great input.
I searched for and found a review. http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/ ... eview.html
TomS

LelandCrooks

#18 Post by LelandCrooks »

Did you look into 70v distributed systems? Technically you could run the whole thing on one amp. I'd probably use 2 for more output.
If it's too loud, you're even older than me! Like me.
http://www.speakerhardware.com

Charles Jenkinson

#19 Post by Charles Jenkinson »

I think it is multiple audio tracks, so multiple channels needed.

I read Tom's reference on diyaudio - found it very interesting. Still need a power supply but the money looks right sort of ball park. Would the amp be put in the speaker if using a small amplifier board....? Seems what people use them for; boominators etc.

If amp was outboard, these are an option, but they are 3x2 stereo, not strictly 6 independent channels, and still need a power supply. http://www.parts-express.com/sure-elect ... d--320-307
2xJ12L (3012HO) switchable/melded
2xT30

Words&graphics - Audio&Acoustics - Hardware&DSP; 3 different paradigms.

BrentEvans

#20 Post by BrentEvans »

This sis a situation that calls for a cheap commercial option. Alto tx8. $130 each, powered, sounds decent, loud enough for a small room, easy to deploy and strike, built in limiter and processing, It would be really hard to do better than this DIY.
99% of the time, things that aren't already being done aren't being done because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.

Badblood

#21 Post by Badblood »

That's a lot of great options. I think I will be going with the IC card amps.

I can put them all in a fan cooled enclosure, have on master power button. That would make my life easy.

I think the car speakers will work well for what we need. Maybe do something better at the entrance, just to get the mood going.

Any ideas on cheap usb sound cards, I will need 8 of them to run the 16 mono channels. I have looked at a few, but will end up spending a chunk on cabling from anything standard. It would be nice to find something similar to the ic amps for them as well.