Proof that BFM subwoofers CAN break your house!

Anything not covered elsewhere.
bassmonster

Proof that BFM subwoofers CAN break your house!

#1 Post by bassmonster »

So I was playing the dual TT at *extreme* volumes the other day, don't remember the voltage. I was hanging out in my closet where all the bass happens to hang out as well (due to room modes), and I was enjoying the rattles and shakes of everything on my closet shelves. I suddenly hear this crackling noise that sort of sounds like when you step on pebbles, but I chalked it up as being a noise by a construction worker on the other side of the house working on remodeling and didn't think anything of it.

I walk into my closet later and find this in the far corner, right where the bass smacks the hardest. :twisted:

Right where the Numark Mixtrack sits in its little cubby:

Yes, that is cracked drywall. I know it was the dual TT- the construction workers were on the other side of the house, and there was nothing present that could have hit and damaged the drywall.

So folks, like we've heard here many times before, BFM subwoofers can do damage to parts of your house at extreme volumes. :o Be careful with your ears too. :shock:

Bryce

Re: Proof that BFM subwoofers CAN break your house!

#2 Post by Bryce »

How is your foundation?
4x 24" Titan 48
2x DR250
Studiolive 1642
Crown XLS amplifiers
Driverack PA

Up next: 2 slim THT

bassmonster

#3 Post by bassmonster »

The concrete foundation is solid we recently had a bit of sagging issue in the garage and it was promptly fixed and the house foundation inspected and clear, but the garage is a long way away from my room. I will still tell the parents about this, but I still think the dual TT did it. :lol:

67baja

#4 Post by 67baja »

bassmonster wrote: I was hanging out in my closet
For some reason that makes me laugh :loler:

For your next DIY project: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYQvdqcCYnI (how to repair drywall)
2 THTs, 2 TLAH, SLA curved, 1 8-AT, 1 AT JBL 1002D, 4 Otop12s, Jack 12, TT with Eminence 10", 2 SLAs, 1 T30 slim, 2 T30s (2-10" each), SLA Pros, TrT.

biggerrigger

#5 Post by biggerrigger »

First the Subaru ditch mishap now this. If I were you I would wear a helmet for the next few weeks just in case something else happens :shock:
Built
4-25" Lab12 loaded T39's
2-DR250's Melded array
2-DR250's Flat array

Michael Ewald Hansen

#6 Post by Michael Ewald Hansen »

biggerrigger wrote:First the Subaru ditch mishap now this. If I were you I would wear a helmet for the next few weeks just in case something else happens :shock:
Or buy lottery tickets! :wink:
Authorized Builder - Denmark
Check out the BFM Facebook page

Gregory East

#7 Post by Gregory East »

You can't say you weren't warned.

Some people have to prove things to themselves :owned:
BAT10, Bad Auto Tuba. Reverse folded TAT to fit JBL 1014D, 350W driver, voltage limit unknown.