Advice on iphone5 car HU setup please.

Anything not covered elsewhere.
rebar

Advice on iphone5 car HU setup please.

#1 Post by rebar »

I'm hoping to get some advice on what direction I should consider taking when setting up my older van with a entertainment system.

I ride the bus to work, so this van doesn't get driven to much. But I do need it for vacation and spend one month every year in it.. :D
It has a single din opening, but trying to see and control a HU that small, far away, and angled completely wrong is a nightmare.. I wont even try anymore.

So I thought a tablet or phone placed closer and angled correctly to your field of vision while driving might be a better safer approach. And also more useful and powerful with voice recognition.

I'm leaning toward my iphone 5 as the source, but there's more than a few different ways of hooking it up.. :roll:

I don't think I can justify buying a expensive DSP like a bitone and its issues.

Id rather find a simple, digital approach. like iphone5 > istreamer > JL Audio CL-RLC > amp

But Im not sure if there's a better way. Like iphone5 > USB SD Reader on a Pyle PFA400U amp ?

or iphone5 > MICROSTREAMER > amp?

I'm a bit overwhelmed and burned out researching. Anyone?

Thanks!

DJPhatman

Re: Advice on iphone5 car HU setup please.

#2 Post by DJPhatman »

#1 Avoid Pyle products. They are just piss-poor quality components.

#2 K.I.S.S. - Keep it stupid simple. Quit trying to over-complicate it.

#3 Check the responses in your other thread.
I know money often seals the deal, but seriously, quality is an investment, not an expense... Grant Bunter
Accept the fact that airtight and well-braced are more important than pretty on the inside. Bill Fitzmaurice