is this a good price? - iNUKE 1000dsp

Is this amp OK?
northern piper

is this a good price? - iNUKE 1000dsp

#1 Post by northern piper »

got a quote for a new iNUKE1000 with dsp for $315 Canadian which includes shipping (plus tax of course).

Wondering what my fellow Canucks would say

escapemcp

Re: is this a good price? - iNUKE 1000dsp

#2 Post by escapemcp »

What you planning to drive with it?? The "1000" in the title is a bit optimistic:
Behringer wrote:RMS

Stereo

8 Ω per channel, stereo 110 W

4 Ω per channel, stereo 210 W

2 Ω per channel, stereo 380 W

Bridged mono

8 Ω 430 W

4 Ω 750 W
See this doc on my google drive for the specs of the whole product line (scroll to the specs at the end of the doc, not the headline figures). Behringer no longer seem to publish the RMS figures - a bit sneaky if you ask me and not necessary for these good value DSP amps. Can't comment on the price, apart from doing the conversion to sterlings (£165) which seems like a good deal, but you always get better deals on your side of the pond :(

escapemcp

#3 Post by escapemcp »

Just read another thread where you were recommended the NU1000DSP, so I guess that will do (unless you plan on expanding at any point) :oops: :oops:

CoronaOperator

#4 Post by CoronaOperator »

The price is good, about the same as what you would pay on ebay (which is where I do most of my shopping as a Canadian). Like was mentioned, are you sure that amp fits your needs? Anything more than monitors, high frequency drivers or home use and you would probably want something bigger.
Built:
17" width 10" driver Autotuba
2 x 29" width dual Lab12 Tuba60
6 x DR250 2510/asd1001
In progress:
2 x DR250 2510/asd1001
For best results, point the loud end of the array towards the audience

northern piper

#5 Post by northern piper »

HI everyone

So I'm planning on driving a single BP102 driver, which I haven't bought yet, so I could get the 4 ohm model. This amp will be only use for this purpose. So if it's bridged mono into 4 ohms, 750 w seems like that should be sufficient for the BP102. Here's the spec sheet on the driverhttp://www.parts-express.com/pedocs/spe ... ations.pdf

Grant Bunter

#6 Post by Grant Bunter »

Arrrrrrr crossed threads.

Don't go with the BP102 4 ohm.
It's voltage limit is 27V IIRC, and that's not a problem within itself.
If you decide after hearing the first cab that you want another, then paralleling 2 cabs together will take you into the 2 ohms/channel area, and it's best to avoid that when you can.

With the 8 ohm, if you decide to add another later, you're looking after your amp by running in the 4 ohms/channel area rather than the 2ohm/channel.

Since you're going to buy an amp, buy one that will do the job from the outset.
Avoid bridging:
http://billfitzmaurice.info/forum/viewt ... 10&t=19292
Built:
DR 250: x 2 melded array, 2x CD horn, March 2012 plans.
T39's: 4 x 20" KL3010LF , 2 x 28" 3012LF.
WH8: x 6 with melded array wired series/parallel.
Bunter's Audio and Lighting "like"s would be most appreciated...

ctmullins

#7 Post by ctmullins »

Why would you want the 4 ohm version? Hopefully you're not falling for the fallacious assumption that more watts is louder?
-todd

5 and 8 string bass | SansAmp | Crown | 2 x J110
2 x W8 panel-mount
2 x T39 24" 3012LF
4 x OT12 2512 melded (finally done!)

northern piper

#8 Post by northern piper »

Hey guys

first off, sorry for the unintended cross post. I hate that and understand the appearance of "new poster" now messing up the order of a well established discussion board. I really was just looking for price advice and the discussion went another way.

Regarding the 4 ohm question, I'm really not in favour.. . I'm going to stick with my original intention and get the BP102 (8 ohm) driver.

My mains are physically attached to the garage wall as is my effects/amp rack so the likelihood of pulling them down and then moving to a buddy's for a party is low. I doubt I'll ever want a second sub, really I'm just looking to round out the sound that my mains don't cover. So, this is where I come back to the iNUKE 1000 dsp. If people really feel more is needed to drive this single driver and switch up to the iNUKE 3000 I will, but I'm trying to be realistic regarding how much into the future I need to look.

Tom Smit

#9 Post by Tom Smit »

If you make a "hard and fast" decision that you will NEVER go beyond the single cab, then the iNUKE1000 will be plenty. However, if there is a remote chance that ...... then, go for the iNUKE3000. Either one with DSP, though.
TomS

Bruce Weldy

#10 Post by Bruce Weldy »

Tom Smit wrote:If you make a "hard and fast" decision that you will NEVER go beyond the single cab, then the iNUKE1000 will be plenty. However, if there is a remote chance that ...... then, go for the iNUKE3000. Either one with DSP, though.
Geez....it's not the end of the world if he decides to buy a bigger amp someday.....in fact some of us consider that a good thing.....over and over and over.... :mrgreen:

I started with one Crown XLS1000 to power my T39s......I still have it....along with 7 others of varying power. In fact, I contend that it may be best to start with too small of an amp.....because once you figure that out - you'll have to buy another amp....but wait, now you have an extra amp so you have to build more speakers.....see how great that is?

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

escapemcp

#11 Post by escapemcp »

Bruce Weldy wrote:see how great that is?
Yeah... BFM addiction ruined me (financially). Now I'm begging on the streets just to buy another speakon.... just one more and then I'll give up... honest!

Charles Jenkinson

#12 Post by Charles Jenkinson »

escapemcp wrote: Yeah... BFM addiction ruined me (financially). Now I'm begging on the streets just to buy another speakon.... just one more and then I'll give up... honest!
Start a 'just giving' page and wear the T-shirt at your freebie raves. ...just joking. I've got a works quiz night tonight - no money for that either, but I'm gonna give it my best, and sow some seed - nothing dodgy like. There's a harvest coming for sure. ...and I was binned off the project these guys are working on! I'm going to bless 'em all I can - I've even shed out £11 on BM800 condenser mic from China, for the announcer/quiz master - they proper look the part - he's the guy who got me on and off! the job. I'm going to say to him, "here you are mate, this is your mic. It has a special name - it's called a c#£t mic"
2xJ12L (3012HO) switchable/melded
2xT30

Words&graphics - Audio&Acoustics - Hardware&DSP; 3 different paradigms.

northern piper

#13 Post by northern piper »

well.. after considerable thought (and 3 beers..) I decided to buy the iNUKE 3000. I think it was the third beer that really helped the decision. Honestly, after a fair bit of sober thought I realized that the (CAN) $ difference between the 2 amps was $140 and if I were to upgrade or build some new main cabs I could use the 3000 for them .. and then maybe by another??

I've always felt it's a good idea to grow into a purchase (larger table saw, bigger amp.. air compressor) and never regretted getting more umpf behind one of these purchased. I get the amp in 3 days... wahoo! :hyper:

Bruce Weldy

#14 Post by Bruce Weldy »

northern piper wrote:well.. after considerable thought (and 3 beers..) I decided to buy the iNUKE 3000. I think it was the third beer that really helped the decision. Honestly, after a fair bit of sober thought I realized that the (CAN) $ difference between the 2 amps was $140 and if I were to upgrade or build some new main cabs I could use the 3000 for them .. and then maybe by another??

I've always felt it's a good idea to grow into a purchase (larger table saw, bigger amp.. air compressor) and never regretted getting more umpf behind one of these purchased. I get the amp in 3 days... wahoo! :hyper:
The disease has spread....you are terminally infected. May the Lord have mercy on your wallet.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

northern piper

#15 Post by northern piper »

actually .. I thought I was cured.. apparently not.

Used to do house sound in Ontario at Kingswood music theatre. Worked with Roger Waters on a tour. 2" tascam reel to reel ('member those?) with 32k front of house cabs, L/R stacks and 15k at the rear. 109dB at the sound board (an analog 60 channel/8 out)

those were the days!