It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:39 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:38 pm 

Hello to All!

Is there an updated list of drivers for the Auto Tuba or Truck Tuba? I understand the MCM, Tang Band, and Dayton are still manufactured but I noticed that the JBL and Infinity are no longer available. If anyone knows, it would be greatly appreciated. I just don't want to try reinvent the wheel and try to match specs.

Thanks!

Built:
4xDual-30” Tuba 60’s
1x20” THT

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:47 pm 

It would help us help you if you were to fill in the "Location" part in the "User Control Panel".

mj90210 wrote:
Hello to All!

Is there an updated list of drivers for the Auto Tuba or Truck Tuba? I understand the MCM, Tang Band, and Dayton are still manufactured but I noticed that the JBL and Infinity are no longer available. If anyone knows, it would be greatly appreciated. I just don't want to try reinvent the wheel and try to match specs.

Thanks!

If you are in the USA, the listed drivers are the best bang-for-buck drivers for the AT and TT. Especially the MCM. Available from this website for the giant sum of US$27 each, or US$24.30 each when ordered in quantities of 4 or more! You do not need expensive drivers or super high power to achieve vision-blurring bass in a vehicle with an AT or TT.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:12 pm 

Location updated!

Thanks for the information. That driver and cab combo must be special...I am more than excited to hear it. I am willing to pay a slight premium on this project hence my original question. Is the 10” driver or upgrading to the TB worth any more sound quality or output? I am planning on using it as a mobile type subwoofer...indoors, shops, vehicles, etc... As silly as it sounds the louder and clearer the better(I know this board sees that all the time)..

Thanks

Built:
4xDual-30” Tuba 60’s
1x20” THT

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:08 pm 

I've used enough MCM drivers to know that it's easier and cheaper to just get the premium driver. Too many spider separations to justify installing them. I found my JBL on ebay direct from H.K.'s seller site. That was luck. If you have the space, by all means go with a 10".

2 rules: 1. Wider is better 2. Air-tight is a MUST

2x SLA's 6-5" mids, 9-gt-302's
2x AT 14" MCM 55-2421
TrT 5" MCM 55-2421
AT 18" JBL GTO804
OT12 flat array

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:34 pm 

mj90210 wrote:
Location updated!

Thanks for the information. That driver and cab combo must be special...I am more than excited to hear it. I am willing to pay a slight premium on this project hence my original question. Is the 10” driver or upgrading to the TB worth any more sound quality or output? I am planning on using it as a mobile type subwoofer...indoors, shops, vehicles, etc... As silly as it sounds the louder and clearer the better(I know this board sees that all the time)..

Thanks

All the designs are special, provided they are used for their intended application.
Will a TrT or an AT work well in the way you want to use it?
Build one and find out.
They will work fantastically in a vehicle, because either will benefit from cabin gain.
That may not be the case anywhere else though.
Because there is no cabin gain...

3 x WH8 with melded array.
Bunter's Audio and Lighting "like"s would be most appreciated...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:42 pm 

Thanks again for the info.

I totally understand the intended use’s of the cabs. The TrT SEEMS so easy to build....it makes me want to try it out! I am sure it will get used somewhere...

Built:
4xDual-30” Tuba 60’s
1x20” THT

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:32 pm 

mj90210 wrote:
You do not need expensive drivers or super high power to achieve vision-blurring bass in a vehicle with an AT or TT.

+1!