Behringer Digital Rack Mixers

The hows and whys of running sound.
SnakeFingers

Re: Behringer Digital Rack Mixers

#16 Post by SnakeFingers »

doncolga wrote:... I may opt for the XR-18, since it will act as an audio interface too. That would be super handy.
Yep. I ordered an XR18 partly because it can record 16 channels as instead of a stereo mix like the XR12 and XR16.
Mark

doncolga

Re: Behringer Digital Rack Mixers

#17 Post by doncolga »

doncolga wrote:I just pulled the trigger on the XR-16. Should ship by the end of next month but I may opt for the XR-18, since it will act as an audio interface too. That would be super handy.
But not as handy as a reliable handheld wireless mic rig. So I've un-pulled the trigger on the Behringer XR-16 and went with a good Audio Technica 3000 series wireless handheld mic instead to go along with my lav of the same type (which has totally rocked since I've had it). The more I thought about it, it's really rare that I have to make any adjustments to the rig at all since the first few minutes of adjusting as needed gets me 80% there; so I'll stick with mixing from the stage for now as I have for so long. I'm sure however there will be one in my future though. With my existing handheld, I bite my nails every moment it's in use, hoping it stays on. I feel better already with the AT just on the way, much less actually being here and in use.
Donny Collins
Built:
Two 18" Tuba 30's 3012 LF
Two 26" Tuba 30's Lab 12
Two OmniTop 12's DL 2512 (Melded Array)
Presonus Studio One DAW
Harrison Consoles MixBus 32C DAW